Social Superman Is Bisexual Now As DC Comics Set To Debut Same-Sex Relationship For Hero’s Son

modern comics:

d1f2cec2-cd6d-425f-b240-0c85cf3592cf_e865c6ef.jpg

newwarriors2020newkids-snowflake-and-safespace.jpg

Manga:

bd3d0d5df70b29cc4e6300386f17cab6--berserk-manga-berserk-guts.jpg

IIEsH-mXzdFzOPG1bdgEY3HJ8g4LlKVSbxIKNdu2dDQ.jpg

What are the “right reasons” for a fictional comic book character to be bi? Fictional characters aren’t inherently attracted to one gender or another, so “like being gay” isn’t a reason. it’s always a creative choice by the writers.
sure, but I suspect the reasons in this case are purely political and any creative choice that pertains to identity is merely a reflection of ideology

sure, but I suspect the reasons in this case are purely political and any creative choice that pertains to identity is merely a reflection of ideology

you’re still ducking explaining what a “right reason” is and just going on about why this could be offensive to you.

what are the right reasons? How do you know this isn’t following those right reasons you have yet to describe?

eventually ill be dead and none of this will matter to me anymore. for now i wont partake.

you’re still ducking explaining what a “right reason” is and just going on about why this could be offensive to you.

what are the right reasons? How do you know this isn’t following those right reasons you have yet to describe?
the right reasons are non-political, as i have already said, i don't get why you don't understand that.
how do i know? nobody knows anything for sure. i said i suspect. and this suspicion over any art creation, that's it's just an extension of ideology, cheapens it. and it's a very reasonable suspicion, given the current times.

the right reasons are non-political, as i have already said, i don't get why you don't understand that.
how do i know? nobody knows anything for sure. i said i suspect. and this suspicion over any art creation, that's it's just an extension of ideology, cheapens it. and it's a very reasonable suspicion, given the current times.

Your only description of what the “right reasons” are is saying what they aren’t…political? That in no way actually describes what they are, just what they aren’t.

it’s not really a valid suspicion, as there are many young people who are bi, so a new comic book character reflecting that is just art imitating life. It’s telling a new story instead of the same kind of love interest that Superman comics have told for like a century.

Your only description of what the “right reasons” are is saying what they aren’t…political? That in no way actually describes what they are, just what they aren’t.

it’s not really a valid suspicion, as there are many young people who are bi, so a new comic book character reflecting that is just art imitating life. It’s telling a new story instead of the same kind of love interest that Superman comics have told for like a century.
agree to disagree.

DC has come a long way since Matt Bomer lost the job due to being gay.

He would have been quite good as both Kal-El and Clark.

Didn't read thread but if you think a character in a speedo and spandex isn't already gay then I just don't know what to tell you.

Back