Sums up the DC Bones fight in one gif...

An over rated win? What Bones did to DC is remarkable. Cormier is coming into the fight 15-0 from a higher weight class. I'm not sure he ever even lost a round. He is an Olympic caliber wrestler who tosses around people bigger than Bones. What Jon did to Cormier was incredibly unexpected. I can't recall too many people saying Bones was going to clinch and out wrestle DC. They all said Bones' best chance to win is use his reach and play keep away. He did the opposite.

Not an over rated win, not even close.

Exactly. The haters are to busy hating instead of appreciating his talent. Nobody thought that was going to happen.

Dc tossed jones earlier too in the fight and the big one at the end. Where's that gif?

Bottom line, dc should've went for those takedowns.

Do they really count as a takedown if the guy is never down for more than 2 seconds? The only fighter to end up on their ass the whole fight was DC. DC didn't have the skill, the gas, nor the strength to take and hold Jones down. I guess it's harder to do when you're not fighting at 45 year old 199 pound MW.

I think we were watching 2 different fights. I saw jones not only out strike dc in ever single round, except round 2, he also out wrestled him.

Again, rounds 1,3,4,5 for jones. End of story..Yes, the 5th had very little action but jones had dc pinned against the cage. That is octagon control. He wins.

Round 3 was very close. One judge even scored it for Cormier.

Jones still dominated, but it could quite easily have been 48-47 across the board.

Oh hey looks its the new LHW champ

Back