Sums up the DC Bones fight in one gif...

meh. cormier slammed jones way worse

Yeah, except Jones was right back up as soon as he hit the mat, so it didn't look worse. It was like when Brock took Cain down and Cain popped right back up...kind of takes away from the intention behind the slam/takedown.

Jon put his hand on DC's head like he was a child and DC just took it. The dude who all these months wanted to "spit in Jones face", take him down 100 times because "he could." In a lot of fights, there's a point when a man/woman is broke...this was that moment for DC.

That's the moment DC realized he was a B-level athlete compared to Jones.

Yeah, except Jones was right back up as soon as he hit the mat, so it didn't look worse. It was like when Brock took Cain down and Cain popped right back up...kind of takes away from the intention behind the slam/takedown.

Jon put his hand on DC's head like he was a child and DC just took it. The dude who all these months wanted to "spit in Jones face", take him down 100 times because "he could." In a lot of fights, there's a point when a man/woman is broke...this was that moment for DC.

idk man. i watched the burkman fight, and it was trash, so i turned it off and turned it back on for the main event, which i thought was good for the first 3 rounds and then was just meh. the wall and stall that ufc has become is just boring.

jones won. cormier looked gassed after 3. if anything, the two takedowns in a row that jones landed were a better indicator of jones' dominance than the gif posted.

surprise surprise jones eye poked again.

mma is difficult to take seriously. i am more entertained by it when i dont watch it and just follow it on the forums

No, it doesn't. But TS is proudly ignorant so who cares..

That was the moment DC's soul and aura was transferred into Bones' ether stream.

200.gif

wheres the gif of Jonny hugging DC for most of the fight when he starts losing?

wheres the gif of Jonny hugging DC for most of the fight when he starts losing?

When Jones does it, its hugging. When DC does it, its wrastlin. You haters are a joke. How pathetic must you guys be to not give credit to Bones. He out grappled an Olympic medalist.

Oh well, haters gonna hate.

It looks like he just put Cormier in time out.

I totally understand DC swinging after the bell now. How do you let another man throw you in the corner and put his hand on your head like you're 5 years old? Like he told him "sit down and think about making better decisions, young man."

lol'd

Getting in the cage with Jon was a pretty terrible decision.

Still not sure how people scored this anything other than 49-46.

It wasn't a blow out, but it was definitive.

Thats Jackson plan, it makes other camps come to the same conclusion as yours. So instead of spending resource improve skill and tactics, they spending time learning eye defense.

Thats brilliant, hes two steps ahead

Training picture of stopping and blocking the eye poke.

the-three-stooges.jpg

not really. Cormier gave jones all he could handle in the first three rounds.

DC didn't pop right back up because the round was over you dumbfuck.

Jones was holding on to the fence as DC was lifting him off the ground, otherwise he would've been slammed like Barnett.

When Jones does it, its hugging. When DC does it, its wrastlin. You haters are a joke. How pathetic must you guys be to not give credit to Bones. He out grappled an Olympic medalist.

Oh well, haters gonna hate.
No medal for 4th place

That was a sign of a broken man, if that was another minute Jones might have tkoed Cormier.

Say what you want about Jones, from what I've seen, he breaks men, badly, like he did to Shogun, Rashad, Texeira, including what he did to Bader, Bonnar, etc.., guys a wrecking machine.

People say he stalled, I disagree, it was an 'obvious ' Greg Jackson gameplan to clinch, throw knees, wear down Cormier.
And the thing is, it wasn't just a stall. He was very much inside of Cormier's head, because the prevailing idea going into the fight, was that Cormier would dominate the clinch and just toss Jones around in close distance. Cormier even stated in the conference, that Jones' tactics proved very effective on him.

Jones clinched up and out-muscled the guy, multiple times, completely negating any advantage we thought Cormier would have. That sends a very clear message to his opponent, and afforded Jones a ton of confidence/momentum (mentally and physically). Impressive performance.

I think Jones made the case he is on another level, even compared to a guy like DC who supposedly, "was on another level."

He's not on another level, did you forget Gus, the non wrestler that took Jones down and made his face look like roadkill?

Jones is on another level vs guys that are 5"11 with arms half the size of his own. No short man is beating Jones, unless it's the mma version of Mike Tyson.

He's not on another level, did you forget Gus, the non wrestler that took Jones down and made his face look like roadkill?

Nah he's remembered... as another defeated fighter in Jones' long list of destruction.

Yeah no.

People seem to ignore the fact that round 4 was dominated by Jones and even then he didn't do damage, round 2 was DCs, round 1 was Jones based on the takedown that was on a caught kick which DC got up from and round 3 was close. Round 5 was a shit tonne of stalling from Jones.

50-45 Jones. Come at me. at no time during that fight was DC in control, unless you mean walking forward eating body shots and looking old

Back