SUMO - 2013 Hatsu Basho (Jan. 13th - Jan 27th)

that man.... he's got to be one of the most entertaining athletes in any sport.

Word! That bout had that total holy-shit factor (like a lot of his bouts, win or lose, of course).

I can't wait for tonight's Hakuho/Baruto bout =3

aha. so its your facebook that i liked p^2

great work everynight posting the videos, thanks

I'm glad Harumafuji is doing better this basho. But I can already see the playoff with Hakuho coming, and I don't know if that'll go well for 'fuji.

I'm glad Harumafuji is doing better this basho. But I can already see the playoff with Hakuho coming, and I don't know if that'll go well for 'fuji.

i really hope that playoff happens.

and it isn't looking too good for baruto, unfortunately. he can still do it, but i don't think he'll be able to.

i really hope that playoff happens.

and it isn't looking too good for baruto, unfortunately. he can still do it, but i don't think he'll be able to.

They were saying on the broadcast that Baruto has a big decision to make. His knee is damaged and needs surgery. The problem with that is he will need to potentially sit out serveral tournaments where his ranking (and salary) will plummet.

They were saying on the broadcast that Baruto has a big decision to make. His knee is damaged and needs surgery. The problem with that is he will need to potentially sit out serveral tournaments where his ranking (and salary) will plummet.

yeah, sumo is really unforgiving with things like that. i don't know what's best for baruto, he needs to get his injuries taken care of, and maybe that means dropping all the way down to juryo. if he does drop that far, he'll be able to work his way back up, like some of the guys who were dropped down following the gambling scandal did.

if baruto was to have surgery, get close to 100% then he'd come roaring back up the ranks, he should do it.

My boy Tochinoshin is having a good basho so far but my other boy Shohozan just seems to be getting sloppy :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back