Suggestion: Bring Back The OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? if it had no effect on you why would it matter if it were here or not? Sounds like somebody is mad because they never got an invite to play at the other playground.
When any one of you "rebels" actually get in with companies, fighters or promoters and see perks for your status, then you might mean something of worth to give us shit. As it is, you are a bunch of internet fratboys pissed off the dean kicked you out of dorm so you formed your own "double secret fraternities" where you can play by your own rules. Good for you. Fact is, it's been done before and better by more intelligent people who were wise enough to realise moving on elsewhere was better than pissing off where they got together, such as the legendary Gomer Piledriver. The great irony lies in the fact anti-Sherdog sites wouldn't exist if Sherdog hadn't united you all to act like babies in the first place. You bite the hand that feeds then act astonished when it pulls away and denies your priviledges. We have no problem with you having your own little forums and social groups on the net, we don't care that much, all that has changed is the tolerance for the kind of person wishing to conspire against the site while using it has expired. We don't fuck with your forums, is it beyond your abilities not to fuck with ours?

agreed. if anything it's going to cause more problems. The other spinoff sites are already planning scat bombs, forum raids, and DDOS attacks. A lot of those guys aren't joking either. Considering they've got people who hack the mod booth pretty regularly and have the dated screenshots to prove it, i wouldn't put it past them to DDOS the site over and over and over again or post scat bombs so much that you eventually will have to start banning entire ISPs to stop them

For the record, the time that some guys got into the mod booth, it wasn't "hacked." There was a tech glitch that allowed some dubbed plats to access it.

Regarding the OT, I hope everyone realizes I'm giving my own personal feelings on the OT. What I say isn't the reason it was removed by the site administrators, or anything like that.

Everyone that was a subpar Magic Man or ShidokanArtist imitator who couldn't fill their shoes did more damage than I ever could have. I was in OT before half the bitches that got on my back even had a membership on this site. I bet you never even knew who LSG was. Respect your elders. I was in OT warring with Blumps, RITF and having disgusting dialogues with Skido before you even signed up.

did that post make you taller?

I know it all originates outside of Sherdog. The spin-off sites are no big secret. I think people will still come back and raid the place, but maybe over the course of a few years the site will be like it would have been if there never was an OT in the first place. Who knows.

Obviously the spin off sites arent some secret, they usually do a good job of letting everyone know that it was them who did the dumb shit, but do you really think that by pretending there is no OT all of Sherdog is going to be left alone? Sounds like wishful thinking and more importantly now all of the dumbasses on the other sites know that if they keep messing with this site they can actually have a real effect on it.(such as getting a whole forum deleted). If anything this will just make them more excited and theyll just do the shit pictures more than ever. Just my 2 cents.

I can't believe people get emotional over losing a forum, like it meant that much to you in the real world. It's the goddamn internet. I never posted in the OT, and had nothing to do with its removal, but I'm glad it's gone.

it's like tearing down your favorite bar/ resturaunt. ""There's other places to eat though dude!!" Eat a steamer for not getting it. Piss on sherdog...there was hundreds of thousands of comedic gems in that "book". All you did is strip this sites credibility and piss off the people that built this place.

When any one of you "rebels" actually get in with companies, fighters or promoters and see perks for your status, then you might mean something of worth to give us shit. As it is, you are a bunch of internet fratboys pissed off the dean kicked you out of dorm so you formed your own "double secret fraternities" where you can play by your own rules. Good for you. Fact is, it's been done before and better by more intelligent people who were wise enough to realise moving on elsewhere was better than pissing off where they got together, such as the legendary Gomer Piledriver. The great irony lies in the fact anti-Sherdog sites wouldn't exist if Sherdog hadn't united you all to act like babies in the first place. You bite the hand that feeds then act astonished when it pulls away and denies your priviledges. We have no problem with you having your own little forums and social groups on the net, we don't care that much, all that has changed is the tolerance for the kind of person wishing to conspire against the site while using it has expired. We don't fuck with your forums, is it beyond your abilities not to fuck with ours?

the OT is an MMA subculture created on sherdog. you guys have made a mistake and lost a lot of the social networking aspect that this site had.

it's like tearing down your favorite bar/ resturaunt. ""There's other places to eat though dude!!" Eat a steamer for not getting it. Piss on sherdog...there was hundreds of thousands of comedic gems in that "book". All you did is strip this sites credibility and piss off the people that built this place.

See, that's the part I can't believe, that people valued an internet forum as much as their favorite bar or restaurant. I don't doubt that they did, I just don't get it.

For the record, the time that some guys got into the mod booth, it wasn't "hacked." There was a tech glitch that allowed some dubbed plats to access it.

Regarding the OT, I hope everyone realizes I'm giving my own personal feelings on the OT. What I say isn't the reason it was removed by the site administrators, or anything like that.

it wasn't just once SSR, believe that. There are some fairly recent screenshots of it. And DDOS's are really no big deal but they're annoying as shit

in any case, if the site goes down, i'll be pissed because i'm usually at work on friday and saturday nights and i count on the boxing forums pbp to stay up to date on what's happening with the fights. Plus the D&S is a good forum. The HWs should be 86'd more than any other forum, hell it's worse than the OT ever was, and the scary part is that those clowns believe 99% of the shit they post. At least the OT was just for laughs

I posted in the OT probably 50 percent of my posts, I enjoyed it but if it's gone for good, It wont matter, I still come for the HW's and War/Mayberry rooms.

Alright, correct me if I'm wrong but it was stated earlier that there was no place for the forum etc, but isn't it under the general discussion thread? I just started liking the OT and never did anything against the rules and now it's just gone. I agree that you can only see so many fucking "GSP SUCKS" or SERRA WILL LOSE threads.

Alright, correct me if I'm wrong but it was stated earlier that there was no place for the forum etc, but isn't it under the general discussion thread? I just started liking the OT and never did anything against the rules and now it's just gone. I agree that you can only see so many fucking "GSP SUCKS" or SERRA WILL LOSE threads.

That was just my opinion. I personally didn't care for the OT or see a place for it. That has nothing to do with why it was removed. It was removed without my knowledge, I just logged on one day and it was gone.

I really didn't care for the 'omgz boobz' posts or anything along those lines (90% of the OT, I know), but I appreciated having a place to read some lively, hilarious discussion when the heavyweights/contenders grew stale/obnoxious.

and on a more serious note, why did posters like kvol and especially christiancore get banned. christianore i know for a fact had given this site business in the form of actually purchasing items from the store and he never ever posted anything even remotely ban worthy. that's the worst part. They just indiscriminately banned alot of good posters

hay guys. wuts goin on in here?

theres a button missing on the forum page. n e juan know wut thats about?

That was just my opinion. I personally didn't care for the OT or see a place for it. That has nothing to do with why it was removed. It was removed without my knowledge, I just logged on one day and it was gone.

exactly. and they changed a shitload of rules without telling anyone. hell, i got dubbs for an offensive sig when plenty of other posters have the exact same sig right now! (the cartman AIDS episode) Plus all the AVs with ass floss and other stuff go unpunished while the OTers get dubbed and banned for a hell of a lot less. An offensive sig? seriously, have you read some of the sigs on this site?

is teh wasteland teh knew OT?

or was teh OT just teh knew wasteland??

did that post make you taller?

Did that post get you some more credibility on the internet wikth people you don't know? I'm sure it did. Good for you. I'm good with every single gym in London and on good terms with many in Brazil if I visit. I'd rather be known by those I admire for their accomplishments than those who admire me for insulting some person they don't know they hate because their e-friends hate me on the internet. I actually care more about the opinions of people I respect and know than I do about haters who I've never met. How strange, huh?

The OT facilitated the growth of subcultures that then found their own forums to grow on. It's just like rebellious teenagers moving out because they don't want to live by their parents rules: you move out, your choice, you were given the option of staying if you obeyed the rules, you decided not to then wonder why you aren't welcome? Come on.

Did that post get you some more credibility on the internet wikth people you don't know? I'm sure it did. Good for you. I'm good with every single gym in London and on good terms with many in Brazil if I visit. I'd rather be known by those I admire for their accomplishments than those who admire me for insulting some person they don't know they hate because their e-friends hate me on the internet. I actually care more about the opinions of people I respect and know than I do about haters who I've never met. How strange, huh?

The OT facilitated the growth of subcultures that then found their own forums to grow on. It's just like rebellious teenagers moving out because they don't want to live by their parents rules: you move out, your choice, you were given the option of staying if you obeyed the rules, you decided not to then wonder why you aren't welcome? Come on.

c'mon, foolkiller. you took those jokes and photoshops of you to heart. They had to have pissed you off.

c'mon, foolkiller. you took those jokes and photoshops of you to heart. They had to have pissed you off.

No. Not really. Only thing I took to heart involved my family. I had to deal with RITF and VOD. Now that was real bullshit antagonism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back