Suggestion: Bring Back The OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the career trolls and people that orchestrated forum raids started out in the OT. As in exclusively posting in the OT. Then people get banned for stuff in the OT, and troll up the place, which I in turn have to deal with. I see it as one less source of headaches in the long run, personally. It's annoying to deal with fallout from stuff you are not involved in and have no interest in.

True that it maybe be annoying, but isn't that part of your job, to deal with crap like that? We all hate things about our jobs, but getting rid of a forum that had a lot of posters who did not cause trouble, sounds fair? Yeah, this is the internet but everyone has their reasons for enjoying certain parts of this place, and the OT was enjoyed by a lot of weird fools, like myself. Sucks that it is gone, just hope there is something else created in its place.

I can't believe people get emotional over losing a forum, like it meant that much to you in the real world. It's the goddamn internet. I never posted in the OT, and had nothing to do with its removal, but I'm glad it's gone.

this whole place is a forum, you spend "real world" time moderating it and you've posted here 16,000+ times

if it was all shut down you wouldn't have anything to say?

this whole place is a forum, you spend "real world" time moderating it and you've posted here 16,000+ times

if it was all shut down you wouldn't have anything to say?

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be happy about it, and would go somewhere else to post.

But now that I think about it, fair enough, I get your point.

So let me revise my first statement. I'm not "happy" that it's gone, but I don't care that it's gone.

I didn't see it having a place at an MMA forum, and it seemed that it became the focus for a lot of people. The way I see it, if you want to bs with your friends, go bs with your friends. There's plenty of places to do it. Not sure what you mean by the invites, but I'm probably not interested anyway.

by that logic you should get rid of all the other sub forums. for a senior moderator thats a pretty crazy statement to make, since theres like 3 or 4 mma related forums and then the rest are unrelated. that doesnt even make sense.

Superbeast/Foolkiller did more to bring the quality of that forum down than a hundred gimmicks or bi-curious dorks ever could.

Everyone that was a subpar Magic Man or ShidokanArtist imitator who couldn't fill their shoes did more damage than I ever could have. I was in OT before half the bitches that got on my back even had a membership on this site. I bet you never even knew who LSG was. Respect your elders. I was in OT warring with Blumps, RITF and having disgusting dialogues with Skido before you even signed up.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be happy about it, and would go somewhere else to post.

But now that I think about it, fair enough, I get your point.

So let me revise my first statement. I'm not "happy" that it's gone, but I don't care that it's gone.

thank you for changing your statement, now I feel much better. I still dont like cats though.

tits/picture threads go in P&M. The fact that you think Pictures and Multimedia threads should be in OT clearly illustrates that the OT was clearly misunderstood. It'd been on the decline for quite sometime.

~Foz

on the decline? your opinion chief....

I can't believe people get emotional over losing a forum, like it meant that much to you in the real world. It's the goddamn internet. I never posted in the OT, and had nothing to do with its removal, but I'm glad it's gone.
Shit, thats fucked up guy. Some people enjoyed it. I looked foward to posting and seeing the crazy stuff on here. You may not have liked it but it isnt your forum guy.

just having nothing to do with the OT and not liking it as to me not having cats and not liking them....pretty lame i suppose.

Gotcha....although maybe the reason you don't have cats is cause you don't like them? I guess that doesn't really apply to the OT thing.

tits/picture threads go in P&M. The fact that you think Pictures and Multimedia threads should be in OT clearly illustrates that the OT was clearly misunderstood. It'd been on the decline for quite sometime.

~Foz
I liked you more when you were fat.

I think a lot of the career trolls and people that orchestrated forum raids started out in the OT. As in exclusively posting in the OT. Then people get banned for stuff in the OT, and troll up the place, which I in turn have to deal with. I see it as one less source of headaches in the long run, personally. It's annoying to deal with fallout from stuff you are not involved in and have no interest in.

While this may be true getting rid of the OT now does nothing. The people that are orchestrating the raids and bombings arent doing the setup in the OT. Now they do all of this on the offshoot forums like TCM. Getting rid of the OT isnt going to have any effect on them all planning their stupid raids and scat bombings.

Really all I see it doing is a combination of

1. People leave sherdog because there is no OT
2. People get over it and just start posting in other sub forums
3. The other sub forums will now be the subject of raids
4. People that used to post in the OT will now go over to the offshoot forums and help with the scat bombs.

Either way getting rid of the OT isnt really going to fix anything.

While this may be true getting rid of the OT now does nothing. The people that are orchestrating the raids and bombings arent doing the setup in the OT. Now they do all of this on the offshoot forums like TCM. Getting rid of the OT isnt going to have any effect on them all planning their stupid raids and scat bombings.

4. People that used to post in the OT will now go over to the offshoot forums and help with the scat bombs.

I know it all originates outside of Sherdog. The spin-off sites are no big secret. I think people will still come back and raid the place, but maybe over the course of a few years the site will be like it would have been if there never was an OT in the first place. Who knows.

bring it back, sherdog is useless without it

agreed. if anything it's going to cause more problems. The other spinoff sites are already planning scat bombs, forum raids, and DDOS attacks. A lot of those guys aren't joking either. Considering they've got people who hack the mod booth pretty regularly and have the dated screenshots to prove it, i wouldn't put it past them to DDOS the site over and over and over again or post scat bombs so much that you eventually will have to start banning entire ISPs to stop them

True that it maybe be annoying, but isn't that part of your job, to deal with crap like that? We all hate things about our jobs, but getting rid of a forum that had a lot of posters who did not cause trouble, sounds fair? Yeah, this is the internet but everyone has their reasons for enjoying certain parts of this place, and the OT was enjoyed by a lot of weird fools, like myself. Sucks that it is gone, just hope there is something else created in its place.

I wonder how much money mods make for dealing with all this BS at their "job"? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back