Suggest an 'old classic' that gamers younger than you might not have heard of.

I played the hell outta that.
To this day all I want is for someone to take that exact format and overall look.
Plug in like 40-50 80's wrestlers and maybe add a few buttons for more moves (but keep the simplicity of gameplay) and TAKE MY MONEY!!!! Forget about these video games trying to look like movies... I want pixelated little wrestlers beating each other up.

I played the shit out of this game. The key to getting far is to time your elbow so that they walk into it. When you get far, the computer will basically destroy you if you give them a chance to strike you. So, you keep leading them into elbows and the work them into the corner where you do three body slams or atomic elbows on them and then pin them.

I played the shit out of this game. The key to getting far is to time your elbow so that they walk into it. When you get far, the computer will basically destroy you if you give them a chance to strike you. So, you keep leading them into elbows and the work them into the corner where you do three body slams or atomic elbows on them and then pin them.
The actual cheat code for this game was to run into people without hitting the button to attack them. If you whip them into the ropes just stand still and let them run into you. They end up stunned on their feet and you can do any move to them. Of course I only learned this in the last 10 or so years watching a video and never actually used that tactic (on purpose) playing the game. The shoulder tackle while backing away and moving up or down was a good way to catch the computer coming in.

The ease of play with only 2 buttons and a joystick was great.
Keep the same play style but increase to 4 or 6 buttons to add more moves.
WWF Superstars of Wrestling had great little taunts (like Honky Tonk's hip shake), throw some of that in there.
Maybe add in the ability to use the bottom two corner turnbuckles.

It would be a beautiful thing.

Star Wars Knights of the old republic.

Feel like that game wrote the blue print for a ton of modern RPGs with morality systems and branching dialogue.

Has one of the best twists in a video game.

replayed it a couple years ago and I don't know if it's the nostalgia for it but I thought it held up pretty well

Feel like that game wrote the blue print for a ton of modern RPGs with morality systems and branching dialogue.

replayed it a couple years ago and I don't know if it's the nostalgia for it but I thought it held up pretty well

I started on the 2nd one, I haven't played the first.

God, that takes me back. Fantastic game.
0e81af3c-aba3-11ed-8b6f-02420a00019c.webp

One of the better civ spin-offs.

if you enjoyed KOTOR, then you have to play Baldurs Gate 1 and Baldurs Gate 2. I just played those recently, in the middle of BG2, and I can see where KOTOR got a ton of influence/direction. The games still hold up, the dialogue is amazing, the amount of replayability, it's prob one of my favorite games now.

if you enjoyed KOTOR, then you have to play Baldurs Gate 1 and Baldurs Gate 2. I just played those recently, in the middle of BG2, and I can see where KOTOR got a ton of influence/direction. The games still hold up, the dialogue is amazing, the amount of replayability, it's prob one of my favorite games now.
Thanks for the recs! I've been meaning to check those out I enjoy a lot of CRPGs like BG3, DOS I and II, and a couple others. Those are definitely on the to do list

Thanks for the recs! I've been meaning to check those out I enjoy a lot of CRPGs like BG3, DOS I and II, and a couple others. Those are definitely on the to do list
dude i'm telling you, you will love BG1 and BG2 then. it's kind of confusing at first, the interface is all over, but the story, the dialogue, the options, the game is easily in my top 5 or top 10 now. I was blown away at how much they packed in these games. if you love KOTOR, you will love BG1 and BG2, 1000000000%.

I may have already mentioned it in this thread but Colony Wars is a top 10 PS1 game.
Another one would be True Crime: Streets of LA on PS2 and XB. A GTA clone but the game world was over 240 square miles.

I may have already mentioned it in this thread but Colony Wars is a top 10 PS1 game.
Another one would be True Crime: Streets of LA on PS2 and XB. A GTA clone but the game world was over 240 square miles.
Just not the New York sequel, unless you enjoyed falling through the scenery. I figure someone at Robomodo loved that game, and copied that feature for Tony Hawk's 5.

Just not the New York sequel, unless you enjoyed falling through the scenery. I figure someone at Robomodo loved that game, and copied that feature for Tony Hawk's 5.
I never played the NYC one.

Leisure Suit Larry. Played the new ones. It's not really x rated. It's just like married with children type comedy. The puzzles are actually pretty hard. It goes from easy to wow I need to look up how to solve this.

Back