"Suck my schlong, you transphobe"

Actually the argument has always been consenting adults. That does not mean incest or pedophilia or beastiality. It just means let grown people fuck how they want to.

Technically, incest can involve consenting adults, and pedophilia is defined by the age of consent which can be altered, so it's not like the "consenting adult" metric is a concrete barrier that prevents a slippery slope. At the very least incest very much aligns with the argument.

Technically, incest can involve consenting adults, and pedophilia is defined by the age of consent which can be altered, so it's not like the "consenting adult" metric is a concrete barrier that prevents a slippery slope. At the very least incest very much aligns with the argument.
I'd think when you say incest most people think of a child being victimized by an adult. And thereoetically you could change the age of consent even though no one is trying to do that and it has nothing to do with LGBTQ issues but I suppose that's why it's a slippery slope argument since you can just keep changing the parameters.

I'd think when you say incest most people think of a child being victimized by an adult. And thereoetically you could change the age of consent even though no one is trying to do that and it has nothing to do with LGBTQ issues but I suppose that's why it's a slippery slope argument since you can just keep changing the parameters.

Right, children cannot consent so the incest I'm referring to can only be between two adults. And in such a case, I don't see a reason to object to such a relationship if our standard is to "let consenting adults do what they want".

Also, a slippery slope argument can be a fallacy, but it's not necessarily a fallacy. Some things do have a way of progressing that can't be dismissed just because you use the term. This isn't the best example, because it's not actually a slippery slope, it's just applying the argument consistently across the board.

Last edited:
Back