Succesful People Love Floyd Mayweather

ITT we learn you cannot dislike a person unless they are successful and you are not. So in other words, Mayweather is the only successful boxer in the history of boxing. Makes so much sense.

Floyd's one of the easiest guys to hate in sports.

He's also one of the best indicators to see who's a grown-up sports fan. Some people enjoy a sport. Some people enjoy just their team or fighter. Floyd fans seem to enjoy the sport as a whole.

And now a hundred people are going to try to justify and explain their insecurities because this hit a little too close to home.

And now one poster is gonna dismiss everything everyone says because it undermines his oversimplification.

I'm a big Mayweather fan, I love his attitude but I can completely understand people not liking him.

Two simple questions TS, answer them honestly:

1 - Is Mayweather cocky and arrogant?

2 - Are these generally likeable characteristics?

That's not to say some people aren't jealous, just not everyone who dislikes him.

And now one poster is gonna dismiss everything everyone says because it undermines his oversimplification.

I'm a big Mayweather fan, I love his attitude but I can completely understand people not liking him.

That's not to say some people aren't jealous, just not everyone who dislikes him.

pretty much

No, I'm dismissing it because it's nonsensical.

Cockiness and arrogance are mutually inclusive with success. Don't let people lie to you.

If you had ever been successful you'd know this. It's a great feeling.

You hate him for something that's completely natural?

1. Yes
2. According to Nature, yes.

Stop hating.

I'm not all that successful with my life and I am kind of indifferent. I enjoy watching his fights but him as a person I do have some issues with.

lol at all you guys ! Look he will have his fans ....... and he plays it so you either love him ........ or really hate him ......... fans will buy ppv's to see him win ........ haters will buy ppv's to see him loose ............ its a win /win for may !

I'll admit this is a step better than just saying everyone who dislikes Floyd is racist.

Why would people single out Floyd Mayweather as the rich guy to hate? Tiger Woods is more successful than Floyd and he doesn't get much hate at all despite also being a sex fiend.

Why does it have to be black or white? The world is not that way.. it's shades of gray.

In short you agree with everything I'm saying, correct?

I disagree with parts.

Like, I really enjoy watching him fight because he is amazing. But the out of ring stuff annoys me.

I am admittedly more of an MMA fan than a boxing fan so the best comparison I can make is the Diaz brothers. In the ring/catch they are fun to watch, overall though outside of fighting they are frustrating and annoying as hell.

And I am not a successful person. I am about as far from being successful as you can imagine (as my parents so frequently try to remind me) being it took me 6 years to graduate and I still have yet to find me a job after earning my degree.

Tiger Woods is more successful than Floyd and he doesn't get much hate at all despite also being a sex fiend.

I'm a pretty big golf nerd, and I can tell you that Tiger gets a shit ton of hate from fans and the media alike.

I had to quit watching Jim Rome for a while he got so high and mighty dishing on Tiger.

No, I'm dismissing it because it's nonsensical.

Cockiness and arrogance are mutually inclusive with success. Don't let people lie to you.

If you had ever been successful you'd know this. It's a great feeling.

You hate him for something that's completely natural?

That is load of shit right here.

Tim Duncan won championship rings and is widely considered the best PF to ever played the game of basketball.

Tim Duncan is completely opposite of Mayweather. Literally the complete opposite. He is quiet, boring, totally humble.

That is load of shit right here.

Tim Duncan won championship rings and is widely considered the best PF to ever played the game of basketball.

Tim Duncan is completely opposite of Mayweather. Literally the complete opposite. He is quiet, boring, totally humble.

To be honest though, using a person like Duncan who can't make AS much money the same way Mayweather does by basically creating a brand around his name is hard.

Duncan is "boring" because all he has to do is show up and play and he earns his check. His personality drawing people in to buy tickets doesn't change the money on his paycheck.

Back