Succesful People Love Floyd Mayweather

That is load of shit right here.

Tim Duncan won championship rings and is widely considered the best PF to ever played the game of basketball.

Tim Duncan is completely opposite of Mayweather. Literally the complete opposite. He is quiet, boring, totally humble.

He plays a team sport. Ultimately his success is contingent on others. This harsh reality forces him to be humble.

Contrarily, Floyd Mayweather personifies raw American individualism and self-made success. He did it by himself.

There's a pretty big difference.

To be honest though, using a person like Duncan who can't make AS much money the same way Mayweather does by basically creating a brand around his name is hard.

Duncan is "boring" because all he has to do is show up and play and he earns his check. His personality drawing people in to buy tickets doesn't change the money on his paycheck.

Payton Manning makes a lot of money being a humble sort of dude. He's got a bunch of national endorsements and has one of the biggest NFL contracts.

Floyd's just not for everybody but he's a great boxer. People just wanna see him lose.

He plays a team sport. Ultimately his success is contingent on others. This harsh reality forces him to be humble.

Contrarily, Floyd Mayweather personifies raw American individualism and self-made success. He did it by himself.

Sugar Ray Leonard?

I'm a pretty big golf nerd, and I can tell you that Tiger gets a shit ton of hate from fans and the media alike.

I had to quit watching Jim Rome for a while he got so high and mighty dishing on Tiger.

I don't pay much attention to golf, did people always hate him or just since his skank run got discovered? Oh well, Roger Federer then. I've never heard a bad word about him ever.

Are you serious with this? I could use a 100 other examples.

I don't see any tennis player saying anything as arrogant and racist as some of the stuff Mayweather said.

Hell, Fedor never said anything as arrogant as Mayweather and he is greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Is Michael Phelps that arrogant? Nope.

Payton Manning makes a lot of money being a humble sort of dude. He's got a bunch of national endorsements and has one of the biggest NFL contracts.

This is true.

Aaron Rodgers has THE biggest contract right now though doesn't he?
Redskins are gonna get fucking pounded tomorrow

Sugar Ray Leonard?

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

A lot of people hated Leonard, especially early on in his career for his perceived arrogance.

By the by, what you're actually referring to is called 'confidence'. That's what you really have an issue with. Probably because you lack it, and with good reason. Maybe you know you've done nothing to deserve it?

Floyd has. SRL did too.

Confidence and arrogance are for all intents and purposes synonymous.

I like Floyd the boxer. I dislike Floyd the lady beater.

the people that i know that really like him only like him cuz he's aathletic/ explosive.

sad to say though, i wish people would just be fans of fighters based on the way they fight.

Wasn't really considered humble. There are plenty of great fighters who were arrogant pricks.

That's kinda what a fighter has to do though isn't it? They have to have 100% belief that they are really truly greater than EVERY other human being in the world.

I don't pay much attention to golf, did people always hate him or just since his skank run got discovered? Oh well, Roger Federer then. I've never heard a bad word about him ever.

There was always some hate against Tiger.

Some of it was like the hate Jon Jones gets. They'd find little bullshit to nitpick about just because they couldn't touch his near-invincible game. "OMG Tiger cursed on the tee." "OMG Tiger didn't gently lay his club back into his bag."

Some of it was dishing on Tiger because other players' fans like for Phil or Jack get all insecure with Tiger creeping on Jack's record while beating Phil year in and year out like a pinata.

And some of it was just because he's part black. People may deny that, but the racism was there in a very white sport.

Then with the sex scandal, this basically unified his haters. Like any red-blooded man wouldn't be getting ass day in and day out if they were in Tiger's shoes... The hypocrisy was awful.

And Roger has his detractors, but it's mainly about his inferiority to Rafa rather than taking personal shots at him, and it's no where near on the level of other superstars.

A lot of people hated Leonard, especially early on in his career for his perceived arrogance.

By the by, what you're actually referring to is called 'confidence'. That's what you really have an issue with. Probably because you lack it, and with good reason. Maybe you know you've done nothing to deserve it?

Floyd has. SRL did too.

No, there's a difference between confidence and cockiness. I keep saying, I'm a Mayweather fan, I just don't try to belittle everyone with a different opinion.

Floyd has. SRL did too.

They are not synonymous at all. This is not even an opinion. It is a fact. They have completely different meaning. You can be confident and not arrogant. You can be arrogant and not actually confident. You are just trying to mask your lack of.

That's kinda what a fighter has to do though isn't it? They have to have 100% belief that they are really truly greater than EVERY other human being in the world.

Yep. I don't have a problem with it.

Back