Stylebender tweets Heartfelt message to Kelvin Gastelum

That was a fight where they both cam out better and neither man's stock dropped IMO. Can't wait for Bobby Knux vs Israel later this year.

That was a fight where they both cam out better and neither man's stock dropped IMO. Can't wait for Bobby Knux vs Israel later this year.
Bobby Knux?

fucking christ

Much better to see this than trash talk, 2 warriors who put on a helluva show for us.

Amazing fighters. I think it was a fight of heart and neither man have anything to be embarrassed about. They both have champion mentalities. Both stock of each fighter should have quadrupled after such a legendary fight. They knew they put so much on the line and show respect. Neither backed down.

The story of that 5th round was fuckin epic. End of 4th round Israel gets head kicked and is almost out on his feet yet somehow survived the round. He’s gassed and the momentum switched In kelvins favor

5th round this guy starts speaking in his native tongue and then proceeds to almost submit Kelvin 2x, and knock him on his ass 3x

The story of that 5th round was fuckin epic. End of 4th round Israel gets head kicked and is almost out on his feet yet somehow survived the round. He’s gassed and the momentum switched In kelvins favor

5th round this guy starts speaking in his native tongue and then proceeds to almost submit Kelvin 2x, and knock him on his ass 3x
Yeah Israel showed he has some real grit with that 5th round come back. Reminds me Jones/Gus 1

The hespect given to one another makes me happy. They both wanted it so badly but unfortunately there can only be one winner. Kelvin is super talented and still young. I'm sure he will have another title shot in the future.

is it possible for gastelum to somehow put on some muscle on a new strength an conditioning programme to make him look like romero given that romero is only an inch or so taller? imagine him with that body plus his current cardio capacity. would be a freak of nature.

That's how it's supposed to be. Get in there, fight your hearts out and may the best man win. So much respect for both of these guys. It's messed up to think what they've done to each other in terms of long term health during those 25 mins. But it is what it is. One of the best fights in recent years.

I live in Atlanta and could see how much Gastelum means to Hispanic MMA fans. So many came to the event with Mexican flags and clothing proudly displaying their background.

They were a minority there and hearing the response Israel gets kinda served as a metaphor for the amount of fight many Hispanics have to do in this country to achieve similar recognition.

Much respect to both of them.

They need a buddy cop movie.

Conor and Nate, too.

Back