Social Studying With ADHD - How Hard It Is?

side-hustle-fiona-frills.gif

I can get tons of them every month but don't know what the hell I'd do with them. Any time I take any they just turn me into some sort of zombie who will sit down and not move for hours.
I say take half and do something that needs to be done or feeling lazy and tired. They work great if you need to study

I can't speak for anyone but myself and my experiences and it's anecdotal because I wasn't part of a study.

I struggled in school up until Freshman year of HS when I became friends with someone who smoked weed and would blaze up every morning with him before school.

I went from unfinished notes and drawings in my notebooks and difficulty studying or doing homework to taking great notes and making 1st Honors.

I don't like being in an "altered state of mind" and weed is the only "drug" I've tried so my endorsement of it having a positive effect is solely due to me believing that it helped me out.

I quit smoking weed after Senior year and have never been on meds to treat ADHD so it's been a struggle ever since with me trying to keep better habits to help manage the problem. I do like my creativity and ability to be spontaneous. Hate my lack of focus.

I find an app like todoist helps me. Lets you break all your tasks down into manageable pieces and timescale when you want them done by.

You have to then kind of treat your phone as your pocket dictator though.

-Read for a few mins 📚
-Ask AI 🤖 to write a summary about the topics you read
-Smoke a spliff 🚬
-Think of questions ❓ to try and stump the AI 🤖 (hint: you won't fam 📠 🚫🖨️)
-Have AI give you some notes
-Smoke a spliff 🚬
-Write those notes down on paper ✍️
-Play some vidya games let your mind connect the dots in the background 🎮 4️⃣🧠
-Homework the night before/morning of class, str8 dominate no look no book typa ting walk into class widda win and some adrenaline 🥳🎉

Seriously though don't think about passing the class. Just stay curious fam and do your thing and it'll work out.

Useful phrases when using AI

"eli5 this topic for me: "

"I didn't understand that please explain wtf x,y,z is like I'm retarded"

"Write me a short essay about how mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell but in a southern blue collar accent and compare it to american muscle cars."

Pretty self explaining.

I'm diagnosed (long short story I suspect but don't have the means to explore further) and I'm trying to study, took meds even...I'm not doing really well.

Got any tips?

It is nearly impossible or need extreme work? I guess, some are just very unlucky when it comes to genetics in the first place.
I imagine it is like trying to study while facing an oncoming life changing event that causes a lot of stress. The focus on n upcoming fearful event causes constants distractions to study time. If your problem is only that you have ADD maybe get in the mindset that at least you don't have those problems and clear your mind.

Observation: I don't think I've ever met a male who's been tested for ADHD and wasn't told they had it.

Not saying it's not a thing, it definitely is, but don't let the diagnosis provide you with an "out" and cause you to overestimate the difficulty of achieving anything.

-Read for a few mins 📚
-Ask AI 🤖 to write a summary about the topics you read
-Smoke a spliff 🚬
-Think of questions ❓ to try and stump the AI 🤖 (hint: you won't fam 📠 🚫🖨️)
-Have AI give you some notes
-Smoke a spliff 🚬
-Write those notes down on paper ✍️
-Play some vidya games let your mind connect the dots in the background 🎮 4️⃣🧠
-Homework the night before/morning of class, str8 dominate no look no book typa ting walk into class widda win and some adrenaline 🥳🎉

Seriously though don't think about passing the class. Just stay curious fam and do your thing and it'll work out.

Useful phrases when using AI

"eli5 this topic for me: "

"I didn't understand that please explain wtf x,y,z is like I'm retarded"

"Write me a short essay about how mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell but in a southern blue collar accent and compare it to american muscle cars."
that thingamajig mito something is like a car engine and uses atp like gasoline to power its self up like an American hotrod, bless America, yeeehaaaawww!

Back