Struve spinning back kicks trainer

I will never, for the life of me, understand how can a Dutch kickboxer have such horrendous stand up.[/url]

His biggest strength is the distance advantage he should be using in his fights. I'm sure his size has helped him tremendously over the years.

But some fighters never seem to evolve or learn anything in defeat. Or at least it's not apparent to the viewer.

Conor knows how to wrestle and Renan has good footwork for mma. Struve on the other hand...

He's dedicated 11 years to be exact. He's at the tail end of his career. Don't expect any further improvement.

Well don't let Robbie Lawler or Frank Mir hear you . . .

11377894_792328420886691_1408737707_n.jpg

Hey, it's Struve. He physically can't kick much lower than that...

It's hard to be coordinated when you're that tall, it's really rare

Just physiologically, the way your nervous system sends messages, it's a longer synapse chain and harder for your body to synchronize muscle contractions

It's hard to be coordinated when you're that tall, it's really rare

Just physiologically, the way your nervous system sends messages, it's a longer synapse chain and harder for your body to synchronize muscle contractions

You're talking out of your ass, your height doesn't affect how many synapses you have from your brain to your muscles. Don't act like you know shit that you don't, you're spreading misinformation.

Well.. He was fighting Big Nogs Mummy.

Irrelevant. He never used to attempt to keep distance before, he'd try to fight up close, now he's attempting to keep distance, that shows a change in his gameplan regardless of who he was fighting.

Did you see his new fight, he does use his range now.

Struve is my favorite fighter. Mainly because he's Dutch and well he's a likeable guy, he really is a good guy. With others I have my doubts. Anyway, dude didn't show up in his last fight. Was far from impressive. He said post fight that he had food poisoning. Anyway, he didn't look good enough to me. On that note. Big Nog has a chin made out of granite.

Struve is my favorite fighter. Mainly because he's Dutch and well he's a likeable guy, he really is a good guy. With others I have my doubts. Anyway, dude didn't show up in his last fight. Was far from impressive. He said post fight that he had food poisoning. Anyway, he didn't look good enough to me. On that note. Big Nog has a chin made out of granite.

I'm confused, are you denying that he used tons of front kicks to maintain distance? Or just that you weren't that impressed with the performance, because honestly Struve looked the best his been in quite a long time

You're talking out of your ass, your height doesn't affect how many synapses you have from your brain to your muscles. Don't act like you know shit that you don't, you're spreading misinformation.

LMAO. I don't know shit about this but if true his post is funny. :p

HAHAHAHA!

Anyway, lets put the bio away. It's obvious taller/bigger guys have a much harder time moving. Brock Lesnar was called a monster because he was huge and had the speed of a middleweight. Struve does appaer to be slower than the average fighter in the UFC, he could make up for that by using his range and keeping his distance, also fight smart. On that note, don't think we have many speedy heavyweights in the UFC at the moment, Cormier was one.

It absolutely does, every message has to go trough a chain of synapses. If it's a longer distance(such as a 7' person) you either need more synapses or each one will have to connect to more muscle fibers. So it's either harder to synchronize (more synapses) or less finely tuned (each synapse is connected to more fibers)

You're the one talking out your ass, lanklet

I'm confused, are you denying that he used tons of front kicks to maintain distance? Or just that you weren't that impressed with the performance, because honestly Struve looked the best his been in quite a long time

Wasn't impressed by his overall performance. Big Nog could've actually won that fight, Struve was quite passive at times in round 1 and in round 2. He tried to make up for it in round 3, more agressive. Don't recall the fight that well. The frontkicks worked and I think he even thanked Semmy Schilt for them.

If anyone wants him to do good, it has got to be me. But I wasn't impressed by that performance, to be honest. Expected more. Expected he'd have learned more from the Blackzillians. On that note, he pulled out the win, which was the most important thing.

Think he got a BS fight lined up next? Or am I wrong?

Struve should just go grind some serious wrestling IMO.

His ground game just has times more potential than his striking.

Wasn't impressed by his overall performance. Big Nog could've actually won that fight, Struve was quite passive at times in round 1 and in round 2. He tried to make up for it in round 3, more agressive. Don't recall the fight that well. The frontkicks worked and I think he even thanked Semmy Schilt for them.

If anyone wants him to do good, it has got to be me. But I wasn't impressed by that performance, to be honest. Expected more. Expected he'd have learned more from the Blackzillians. On that note, he pulled out the win, which was the most important thing.

Think he got a BS fight lined up next? Or am I wrong?

In fairness, he hasn't been training there for too long, I reckon he'll develop more as he goes, Rome wasn't built in a day after all, and it can be jarring when you first go to a new coach sometimes.

I'm not sure if he has anyone lined up, but I'd assume it would be someone of Soa Palelei level skill. Either that or they'll think "hey, he's got a win" and put him against Junior Dos Santos.

My reply was to your post which was a reply to someone calling out Struve having a low fighter IQ. So wasn't just about the distance for me. For me the Nog fight is one to forget. Hope he ever returns to the Struve that beat Miocic, that was an awesome fight. Also, if I recall correctly at times he just stood infront of Nog, not enough movement. Against, this could've been the case because of the food poisoning and the throwing up before the fight. But against fitter/younger opponents that won't work.

Back