Struve spinning back kicks trainer

Did he think that was his wife or something? UFC fighters man...

Pow! Right in the kissah!

People talk about the lack of fight IQ in wmma....this guy has the absolute best tools in the UFC for establishing range and still hasn't figured out how to do it.

People talk about the lack of fight IQ in wmma....this guy has the absolute best tools in the UFC for establishing range and still hasn't figured out how to do it.

It's not that Conor hasn't 'figured' out how to wrestle or Renan won't figure out how to get better footwork & so on. Each skill takes years, Struve has clearly dedicated years to jiujitsu and years to striking, he is clearly in the process of developing as a fighter.

It's easy to judge but all of these fighters have shown that they are driven to learn but there are only so many hours in a day.

Did you see his new fight, he does use his range now.

He definitely improved on maintaining distance that last fight, I was glad to see it. You can only eat so many haymakers from guys like Mark Hunt before your brain starts to fall apart.

Struve lacking co ordination, what a shocker.

I need to re watch the Minotauro fight. I remember watching the fight and cringing at how easily Nog closed the distance with Stefan spaming those shitty front kicks.

I need to re watch Minotauro fight, I remember watching the fight and cringing at how easily Nog closed the distance with Stefan spaming those shitty front kicks.

:icon_chee Yeah, he didn't look like Jon Jones out there by any means, but he at least seemed aware of it and was making an effort to use his range - as opposed to his previous fights where was just ate whatever was thrown at him

He needs Semmy Schilt to show him how to turn it into a weapon; he wrecked Mark Hunt with it.

He needs Semmy Schilt to show him how to turn it into a weapon; he wrecked Mark Hunt with it.

I will never, for the life of me, understand how can a Dutch kickboxer have such horrendous stand up.

Did a bit of googleing, and found some pics from a sparring-esque session between Semmy and Stefan from 2014. Judging how his fight with Reem went, I'd say he didn't quite learn anything usefull.
https://www.facebook.com/irma.verhoeff/posts/482326805224036

EDIT: Orange belt, mothafuckaz! Celeberating with some pics
paige-vanzant-3.jpg

alexandra-albu-bw.jpg

gina-carano-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why he didn't block it. Helluva chin considering the strikes that knock people out are usually the ones you don't see coming. It helped that it wasn't a perfect kick by any means.

Gotta love Struve. I'm glad he's still in the UFC, people talk like all he's done is lose aside from a few commonly acknowledged victories.

That was hilarious

It's not that Conor hasn't 'figured' out how to wrestle or Renan won't figure out how to get better footwork & so on. Each skill takes years, Struve has clearly dedicated years to jiujitsu and years to striking, he is clearly in the process of developing as a fighter.

It's easy to judge but all of these fighters have shown that they are driven to learn but there are only so many hours in a day.

Conor knows how to wrestle and Renan has good footwork for mma. Struve on the other hand...

He's dedicated 11 years to be exact. He's at the tail end of his career. Don't expect any further improvement.

I need to re watch the Minotauro fight. I remember watching the fight and cringing at how easily Nog closed the distance with Stefan spaming those shitty front kicks.

He didn't really close the distance that well, he got it a few times, but Stefan is looking more and more like Schilt, as he should be, a few more fights like that under Henri Hooft want we could have something special.

Back