StrongLifts 5x5: how realistic is the progression ?

After seeing the before and after progress pic of that Mehdi guy after years and years of training... StrongLifts, not even once.

Wat

it's a beginner program that gets your strength up real fast. I have been on it on and off this year and I started back in April with a 135x5 squat at 6'3 155lbs. I stopped for a while after being on the program for like a month and a half or something and started up again in August with a 205x5 squat at 164lbs.

Too bad I didn't take before/after pictures because right now I am 185lbs naked in the morning and just as ripped as early this year.

I am still on the program and I am about to hit 300x3x5 tonight. Wednesday I hit 335x5 on the deadlift after busting a couple of nuts (as i said earlier). next week I should have my deadlift up to 355x5 if all goes well. sometimes i stall sometimes i don't.

Yes. i got really hungry after. had pancakes (left over batter from the breakfast) w/ peanut butter on them and some raw greens. so there goes the training on a full stomach=bad myth too.

Last edited:
a skinny frame can only hold so much weight unless you are very much trying to put some on it like bodybuilding..

Sounds like Bro-science to me.

a skinny frame can only hold so much weight unless you are very much trying to put some on it like bodybuilding..

1. You need to work on your grammar and punctuation.

2. You are incorrect.

Back