strongest position in jj to you

For sure. One of the many amazing qualities of jiujitsu is that each position isn’t really one thing, it’s a basic starting point, each of which branches off into many things.

So you could have 6 different jiujiteiros who are true masters of the mount, and yet when you study their games, they are doing 6 wildly different styles, with only the basics as similarities.

And yeah, one of the things they all definitely have in common is patience.

mhm its so strange tbh that their is never an absolute answer even to the smallest of basics with the hip escape even wrestling has tons of variations but i dont think wrestling is like that of jj almost all guys who like singles do them somewhat the same run the pipe tree topping

curious what guys think nowadays what the strongest position is in grappling and the best guard as well

the back was the ultimate goal in gracie jiu jitsu mount being second best then knee on belly side curious how others see that today
I personally like taking the back over getting full mount. At 140lbs I find it difficult to maintain mount, especially when the other guy is much bigger. I also prefer side control over KoB as side control offers me more stability than KoB does.

As for guard, I like playing shin shield/half guard. Second is closed guard but that is hard to play sometimes (stubby legs vs big people = not the best).

Greatest dominance is an opponent broken down flat chest down with you in top position, in a single or double leg ride.

Last edited:
Back