Strikeforce fighter your most excited about seeing in the UFC ?

rm95

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Daniel Cormier, Luke Rockhold, Gil Melendez, Jacare etc....

For me its got to be Cormier. I really believe he is the best heavyweight in the world and would beat Cain, although there never going to fight. It should be interesting to see if he can perform to the same level at 205 if he makes the cut down. I think if Cain loses the belt anytime soon then Cormier is the man to win it. Hopefully he'll perform well in the UFC and win a title.

yeah cormier
powerful wrestler with ko-power

Gegard Mousasi, Jacare, Marquardt, Robbie Lawler.

Cormier for me as well, he seems like the most serious contender aside from maybe Gil.

Nate marquardt by far, was excited at him goin to 170 in the UFC, even more so now he is proven at that class

dana said cormier/jbj is in the works

im excited to see what jacare has got for andy

Mousasi and hopefully Barnett

Gilbert Melendez. He is the one I've always wanted in the UFC, even moreso than Overeem, Nick Diaz, or any of the others. Unlike the rest of them, this guy is gonna be a champ in the UFC. I hope he gets an immediate title shot, I read that he is going to

barnett believe it or not. love his style, and i think he can still make waves even at this point in his career.

Cormier, Melendez, Jacare, Mousasi, Marquardt, how can you choose just one?

It's Cormier for me too. The only thing is, I would rather see him stay at HW. There are a lot of questions for him when dropping to 205. First of all, can he do it? We know he had problems in amateur wrestling with his kidneys and such. If he is able, will he gas? How will the cut affect him? In addition to his previous problems, he is 33 years old. Everybody knows cutting weight is harder on your body and performance the older you get. I think there are some unknowns in that department. He also weighs 240 and is only 5'11". He is going to have to lose some serious body mass to make it. This isn't some 6'4" or 6'5" heavyweight like Lesnar trying to make 265 who can cut a lot of weight and not necessarily have a lot of problems doing it.

edit: oh man, I forgot about Marquardt. Him at WW is soooooo intriguing. I think he beats pretty much everyone not named GSP and might give him a run too.

edit for the list:
1. Cormier
2. Marquardt
3. Kennedy
4. Rockhold
5. Barnett

Last edited:
Cormier #1, given that HW and LHW are starved for new contenders

but i cant wait to see if the MWs can make a splash, that division will be bolstered more than any with Rockhold and Jacare. Plus Kennedy, Brunson, Larkin and Gracie could be good middle of the pack

Daniel Cormier, Luke Rockhold, Gil Melendez, Jacare etc....

For me its got to be Cormier. I really believe he is the best heavyweight in the world and would beat Cain, although there never going to fight. It should be interesting to see if he can perform to the same level at 205 if he makes the cut down. I think if Cain loses the belt anytime soon then Cormier is the man to win it. Hopefully he'll perform well in the UFC and win a title.

gil , cormier and mousasi !

Back