STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Be careful because shimmy’s will blow up delayed tech.

I'm coming really really late to this party, but is this worth getting for the basic game, and will i get stupidly beaten if i havent been playing it since launch?

I'm coming really really late to this party, but is this worth getting for the basic game, and will i get stupidly beaten if i havent been playing it since launch?

Not at all. This game has a 3-frame button window as opposed to SFIVs 1-frame. This means they have lowered the execution barrier for plebs like myself who can’t do 1-frame links. Ok course you’ll have your characters who give you a challenge, but overall you can get the hang of it early.

I run a Battle Lounge just about every Friday. Hop in there and get a few rounds in and we can give some pointers. Another thing is that there’s a TON of guides out there. Everything from working guides, to dischord channels to YouTube videos. Plenty of things to get you started and help you level up.

Not at all. This game has a 3-frame button window as opposed to SFIVs 1-frame. This means they have lowered the execution barrier for plebs like myself who can’t do 1-frame links. Ok course you’ll have your characters who give you a challenge, but overall you can get the hang of it early.

I run a Battle Lounge just about every Friday. Hop in there and get a few rounds in and we can give some pointers. Another thing is that there’s a TON of guides out there. Everything from working guides, to dischord channels to YouTube videos. Plenty of things to get you started and help you level up.

oh, i used to play IV a lot on my old xbox, and i still have my controllers/joysticks, i was just concerned as i havent played IV in about 6-8 years the series may have moved on more than i have the time for these days

oh, i used to play IV a lot on my old xbox, and i still have my controllers/joysticks, i was just concerned as i havent played IV in about 6-8 years the series may have moved on more than i have the time for these days

If you were decent at IV or had a simple understanding of the game, you’ll be fine playing V.

If you were decent at IV or had a simple understanding of the game, you’ll be fine playing V.

I've been playing it since day one(i am that old, im talking the original SF old), i kind of thought the Ultras and the other thing(it may be a charge,i cant remember) kind of took it away from it roots a lot, and i may just be buying into more of the same but worse(for me)

I've been playing it since day one(i am that old, im talking the original SF old), i kind of thought the Ultras and the other thing(it may be a charge,i cant remember) kind of took it away from it roots a lot, and i may just be buying into more of the same but worse(for me)

I’m right there with you. I was playing SFII in the arcades as a kid after wrestling tournaments. Always a Ryu main but recently switched to Cody.

The Ultras are fine with me because they add new life into the game. It’s uninspired V-Triggers that bug new.

GG’s everyone, good stuff. Seems like we’re all leveling up little by little which is great as a whole.

Sometimes in Battle Lounge it’ll do that. It seems like it’s on both sides. Happens to @Crimson Fury and I quite frequently.

I don't think it's that bad actually. Most of the time it's just a few hiccups. Sorry I haven't been playing, but I just got back into Destiny 2 and the only fighter I've touched is UNIST.

Be careful because shimmy’s will blow up delayed tech.
I've noticed some awfully good guessers in silver, and I figure they must be delay teching. I keep meaning to shimmy but my hands always meaty instead. That or jab into st. Mp which leaves a two frame gap, and I think should still be in range for cr. Mp.

oh man i was so free last night, got bodied for like a half hour and called iot quits
time to get those points back

i dont think it is a cooincidence, vacation is over and im back to work, being tired all day, and sleeping less and now im 100 free and slow AF. damn you real life getting in the way of my sf5 progression!

oh man i was so free last night, got bodied for like a half hour and called iot quits
time to get those points back

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been hovering between 5200 and 5500 for a while now. I just can’t maintain Super Gold for some reason. I got up to 6000 then just tumbled back down. Really frustrating knowing the mistakes you’re making and you keep making them.

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been hovering between 5200 and 5500 for a while now. I just can’t maintain Super Gold for some reason. I got up to 6000 then just tumbled back down. Really frustrating knowing the mistakes you’re making and you keep making them.
my main issues are: dropping combos, having literally no idea what to do on wake up and consistantly choosing the wrong option in these situations, not knowing half of the matchups becaus ei only see a fang or laura player once every 100 matches and they have seen plenty of blankas, and having bad luck in general. i also noticed sometimes i go to hit buttons and i either heistate and press them as gently as a newborn baby kitten or just pressing the wrong button altogether and have that register instead. in general, when im playing well i dominate, but thats only like 50% ofthe time, the other 50% is a comibnation of struglife and failure. im gong to kill myself irl if i cnt get to plat by the end of the month.,

so i got 5 games in and won all 5 tonight, figured id call it a night undefeated for the sake of momentum lol

my main issues are: dropping combos, having literally no idea what to do on wake up and consistantly choosing the wrong option in these situations, not knowing half of the matchups becaus ei only see a fang or laura player once every 100 matches and they have seen plenty of blankas, and having bad luck in general. i also noticed sometimes i go to hit buttons and i either heistate and press them as gently as a newborn baby kitten or just pressing the wrong button altogether and have that register instead. in general, when im playing well i dominate, but thats only like 50% ofthe time, the other 50% is a comibnation of struglife and failure. im gong to kill myself irl if i cnt get to plat by the end of the month.,

Sometimes your best option is to just block on wake-up. That or delay tech. I’m still learning how to use it, but it’s kind of tricky. Your combos will come with that lab time though, so don’t worry about that.

Again tonight I’ve sat between 5300 - 5800 and it’s frustrating has hell. I’m starting to make a really bad habit of blocking and holding my ex-zonk buttons so I can get a jab combo it but I end up not letting go of them and I get laced up quickly. Beat some good guys and lost to some wake up happy Ken’s tonight. Not my best showing.

Hey guys, as usual I will be running a Battle Lounge tonight starting around 4:30-5pm PST. I will link the stream here for those interested in it.

If anyone here wants to play who hasn’t participated yet, add your Capcom Fighters Network ID in the thread and I will send an invite. It’s worth getting matches in even if you’re just starting. It’s all a learning process to help each other level up!

ill try to be around but a bunch of the sluts i work with want me to go over and smoke weed, soooooo i may not be around. but i will be getting high with sluts from work so its not all bad.

Hey guys, as usual I will be running a Battle Lounge tonight starting around 4:30-5pm PST. I will link the stream here for those interested in it.

If anyone here wants to play who hasn’t participated yet, add your Capcom Fighters Network ID in the thread and I will send an invite. It’s worth getting matches in even if you’re just starting. It’s all a learning process to help each other level up!

Stream link??

Back