Strap in yall. Johnson vs Dodson II is finna be amazing

Dodson will be the new champ. People seem to forgot how close the first fight was and how Uncle Creepy decided not the win against MM the first time.
and you forget how DJ gassed because of a bad weight cut and then won the rematch.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dodon gets a ko this time

finna feelka, Demetrious Johnson.

Does that work?

I went to public school in Detroit (a very long time ago), and finna was always used along with a verb, very much the way he did. It was often pronounced more like funna, but I suspect that is just regional variance.

Example:
Q: What are you doing later?
A: I'm funna go to the store.

Not: I funna go to the store or I funna to the store.

I went to school in Alief, TX back before it was hood. I heard "I'm finna" like you say, but I never heard "he is finna" or "he's finna", always "he finna". So maybe it works with a verb in the first person but not in the third?

The whole card looks like a lot of fun.

No Rousey or Leprechaun though so not a lot of mainstream press.

I went to school in Alief, TX back before it was hood. I heard "I'm finna" like you say, but I never heard "he is finna" or "he's finna", always "he finna". So maybe it works with a verb in the first person but not in the third?

I'm finna; you're finna; he, she, it is finna.

Lol. Honestly, before you made that comment it had never occurred to me to think it out grammatically. Also, things like slang or colloquial language have an inherently strong local characteristic. Maybe what is right in Detroit is wrong in Alief.

I'm finna; you're finna; he, she, it is finna.

Lol. Honestly, before you made that comment it had never occurred to me to think it out grammatically. Also, things like slang or colloquial language have an inherently strong local characteristic. Maybe what is right in Detroit is wrong in Alief.

True dat, homegirl. Peace out.

Also I think there's a lot of young Demetriouses out there that could really learn a thing or two from a role model like Mighty Mouse.

"Is finna be amazing"? Either ebonics is your second language or you're just faking it, bra. "Finna" is a verb. It don' need no "is" in fronna dat.

Oh, how perfectly racist of you, congratulations. :rolleyes:

"Is finna be amazing"? Either ebonics is your second language or you're just faking it, bra. "Finna" is a verb. It don' need no "is" in fronna dat.

I always heard it as funna. Never seen it typed out. In fact I don't recall hearing Finna or funna or fixin to from anyone for a minute now.

Is finna? Wouldnt it just be finna?

I went to public school in Detroit (a very long time ago), and finna was always used along with a verb, very much the way he did. It was often pronounced more like funna, but I suspect that is just regional variance.

Example:
Q: What are you doing later?
A: I'm funna go to the store.

Not: I funna go to the store or I funna to the store.

are you guys really debating the proper grammatical usage of a made up word?

are you guys really debating the proper grammatical usage of a made up word?

Don't be stupid. It isn't a made up word. In fact, it has a rather lengthy history both in common usage and in literature.

Don't be stupid. It isn't a made up word. In fact, it has a rather lengthy history both in common usage and in literature.

I have no choice but to be stupid...or at least ignorant on this subject as I have never heard this word.

And it doesn't appear to be in any dictionary online, except urban dictionary.

These are some good examples from UD though, I guess I understand why I've never heard it.

"I'm finna go da' sto! "

"I'm Finna bust my gun."

"This hoe ass track finna get slapped. "

"A folk, I'm finna jump up on shawty."

Back