Strap in yall. Johnson vs Dodson II is finna be amazing

Bet On Black

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Johnson really is the fleekest man in MMA right now, and Dodson is fire in every fight.

That first fight showed that these two match up with each other like no other. Dodson won two rounds on my scorecard by being straight up lethal on the backfoot:
KjRr88.gif

(shit man that is on hell of a chin on DJ)

vOBZVA.gif

Dodson is very versatile, but totally came into this fight prepared to handle Johnson's pressure on the feet and he did a damn good job of it through the first half of the fight. I think that we'll see more of that in the rematch, because Johnson needs to be maintain that constant offense to be effective. As long as he does that, Dodson will be there counterstriking.

Additionally, we saw that Johnson didn't commit to nearly as many leg kicks in this fight as he does in his others. Mainly because this happened a few times

v1841x.gif

I would say that if Dodson can catch more kicks like this, and also threatens with takedowns off the caught kicks, I think he'll have a lot more success in the rematch.

Thing is though, even if Dodson knows what DJ is gonna do, and completely anticipates it, he can't necessarily stop him from doing it, as is evident by the fact that despite landing fewer kicks than he normally does, Johnson still landed a hell of a lot of good kicks. The same can be said for the takedowns and the clinches. Dodson had awesome defense for almost everything, but Johnson's offense is just so damn good that it wasn't quite enough.

Then of course, was this ish:

jkl-o_medium.gif

What makes Johnson so awesome is that he freestyled a bar late in the fourth with those knees from the front chinlock. That shit was fuckin insane. Dodson didn't have an answer and I think we all agree that's what lost him the fight.

For my money, the rematch is gonna be closer than the first fight. And that was a hella tight one to score (47-46 DJ by my count). Dodson is going to have been working extensively on clinch defense, and escapes. The advantage that Johnson had in those positions might still exist, but definitely not to the extent that it was before.

And like I said, one of Johnson's main weapons (his high volume leg kicks) was already limited in the first fight. I don't know if they'll serve him well in the rematch. On top of all that, no matter what happens, those hands be waiting for Mighty Mouse any time he gets close to John Dodson:
mGBlag.gif

If both guys bring their hunna, I have no idea who wins. The first fight was dope, and this will be too.

TLDR: I think this fight will be fire, don't know who wins. Stop hating on the flyweights.

And Rumble vs Manuwa!? Shit this card is gonna be good.

Under-rated card, some really good fights on this one. Expecting DJ to take a decision, or a sub.

How did you score it 47-46 for DJ? Like, round-by-round? I had it 48-47 for DJ, and I'm just interested in your opinion.

Probably the only intriguing fight at FLW, the other being a potential match-up with Cejudo. I think DJ wins again but makes it look easier.

and I can't wait for Arlovski/Mir and Rumble/Manuwa

If Dodson fights like he did in his last fight then this won't be a fun fight at all.

"Is finna be amazing"? Either ebonics is your second language or you're just faking it, bra. "Finna" is a verb. It don' need no "is" in fronna dat.

John Dodson's wife is expected to give birth on Thursday. By Friday the baby will already be too big for Dodson to spar with.

Im excited!!! Gonna be good

"Is finna be amazing"? Either ebonics is your second language or you're just faking it, bra. "Finna" is a verb. It don' need no "is" in fronna dat.

I went to public school in Detroit (a very long time ago), and finna was always used along with a verb, very much the way he did. It was often pronounced more like funna, but I suspect that is just regional variance.

Example:
Q: What are you doing later?
A: I'm funna go to the store.

Not: I funna go to the store or I funna to the store.

John Dodson's wife is expected to give birth on Thursday. By Friday the baby will already be too big for Dodson to spar with.

Lol ya, he's a lil fella. I hope he wins though because I like that he has the ability to KO guys on the feet, most flyweights don't.

What does Finna mean? Is it something that blacks say in America?

Dodson will be the new champ. People seem to forgot how close the first fight was and how Uncle Creepy decided not the win against MM the first time.

"Country Grammar" strikes again.

What's a finna?

Back