Strap in yall. Johnson vs Dodson II is finna be amazing

are you guys really debating the proper grammatical usage of a made up word?

A lot of words and grammar forms are "made up" and altered to form local dialects and colloquialisms. American English is a horrific bastardization of the Queen's English, and ebonics is an even more horrific bastardization of American English. Each has it's place and rules, dog.

I always heard it as funna. Never seen it typed out. In fact I don't recall hearing Finna or funna or fixin to from anyone for a minute now.

IngaVovchanchyn got it right, there are localizations of these words so up north it sounds one way and down souf (Texas) it's "finna".

A lot of words and grammar forms are "made up" and altered to form local dialects and colloquialisms. American English is a horrific bastardization of the Queen's English, and ebonics is an even more horrific bastardization of American English. Each has it's place and rules, dog.

Hmm. I was completely unaware there were rules surrounding words like finna.

Learn something new every day. Learned 2 things today. It was a good day.

Hmm. I was completely unaware there were rules surrounding words like finna.

Learn something new every day. Learned 2 things today. It was a good day.

You didn't even have to use your AK, did you? A good day indeed then.

Ahahah awesome. Gotta give you props cause you know we be bangin' heads soon enough.

is it actually pronounced fin na

seems like fitn na, fidn na or fixn na would make more sense to me.

I have no choice but to be stupid...or at least ignorant on this subject as I have never heard this word.

And it doesn't appear to be in any dictionary online, except urban dictionary.

These are some good examples from UD though, I guess I understand why I've never heard it.

"I'm finna go da' sto! "

"I'm Finna bust my gun."

"This hoe ass track finna get slapped. "

"A folk, I'm finna jump up on shawty."

I found it online in the Oxford Dictionary, but yes most dictionaries don't have it for the very good reason that finna is short for "fixing to".

All words are made up.

nod-of-approval.gif

is it actually pronounced fin na

seems like fitn na, fidn na or fixn na would make more sense to me.

Yeah like KhabibtheBeagle said I think it comes from "fixing to" like they said in the deep South back in the day. If you run "fixing to" together as you say it real fast, I can see how it became "finna" just like "going to" became "gonna".

Back