Story/Pic - BJJ saved my life

^ You look like a totally different dude. Great job guys, keep it up. I have a classmate who lost 60 lbs himself.

Stories like these really highlight the benefits of BJJ.

Ultimately, most of us probably aren't going to have to triangle choke anyone to death in real life. And if we ever do, hopefully only one or two times in our entire life.

But being healthy (physically and mentally) is something real that you use every single day. I know of several guys where BJJ has, literally, saved their lives. They would have died soon without BJJ.

I'm just proud to have played a small part in turning their lives around. It does mean a lot to me.

True story

335 pounds
Ze6wb.jpg

225 pounds
1GUMk.jpg

ZiHke.jpg

BJJ saved my life too.

Just wondering, how often do you guys train to get those results? I started at 400 a while back, almost back into the 200's. I'm in a slump right now, but it's mainly due to my nutrition. Injuries suck as well, but I'm prone to them.

It'll be nice to knock off some more pounds once I start to train again, sucks being a big guy.

Trained 4-5 days a week, sometimes 6.

Now teaching/training 4-5 days still. Mix in some circuit conditioning too.

I was plateau'd around 240 for quite awhile, but just broke through due to nutrition changes.

I dont have any before and aftre pics but i used to be 260 but judo/bjj/sub grappling has me down to 225 - 230 I could still lose 30lbs but have pretty much stalled out the last 2years i need to start doing the big c word cardio i jog every sat because i can train during the weekends , but i also cheat on the weekend too.

mostly some beer and maybe some chips.

Before BJJ

mefat.jpg

God this picture is awful i gotta take that off my FB

After BJJ, lost around 80lbs body fat roughly from 26% to 14% little over a years time
menotsofat.jpg

Holy crap man, you look like a totally different person!

"He's still lookin' gooood- doing shrimping exercises..."

Before BJJ

mefat.jpg

God this picture is awful i gotta take that off my FB

After BJJ, lost around 80lbs body fat roughly from 26% to 14% little over a years time
menotsofat.jpg

Nice, looks like your game has upgraded as well......lol

Makes me realize that I gotta step up my training... all of that ankle fiasco did me no favors. I'm not quite in good condition to post pictures yet, and messing my ankle really set me back. Oh well.

BJJ Didn't save my life, I have never been a big guy, but it did help me get in better shape.
67f4iz8.jpg

Great job guys!

I would like to add that just changing your diet can help too. I have lost 12 lbs since 7/26 just by posting what I eat on my facebook page. I am not where I want to be but I am on pace to lose 15 lbs in 30 days.

Combine that with physical training and you will see dramatic results!

Props to everyone!!!!

Nice to see this posted up here, Josh and I train BJJ and mma together. Great to see him losing the weight and making a big lifestyle change. I went through a similar thing last year, came back to training after 2 years without doing martial arts. I was up at 95kgs and in horrible shape; in July of this year I competed at <65kgs, getting back to martial arts was what drove me to get healthy and lose the flab.

Interesting that he thanks his instructors but neglects to mention the guy that gave him his diet plan *sulks in the corner*

Back