Stop overrating oliveira loll

If a bjj ace gets someone's back, especially someone with shorter limbs, that should be a submission. Seeing this makes me more confident of poirier and gaethje's chances on the ground
Chandler is a fantastic grappler and it's not a given at all that a bjj ace should submit someone no matter what if the bjj ace has their back, so i guess i gotta disagree with you here my man.

Khabib would destroy him with ease and that makes the division kinda lame.
Who's beating khabib again ?

Anyway not sure what ts is smoking
Charles weathered the heat when people were calling Him a quitter Some are not giving the dude credit for the transformation and change He knocked out chandler who's put on two good confirmation displays Dude is legit AF

Chandler is a fantastic grappler and it's not a given at all that a bjj ace should submit someone no matter what if the bjj ace has their back, so i guess i gotta disagree with you here my man.
Not taking that away from him. Oliveira and Chandler are both fantastic grapplers.
What I'm saying is that both Gaethje and Poirier have a good chance of also fending of do bronx on the ground because they also have a good history of defending against grapplers outside khabib

Chandler has 71.5" reach.

Gaethje has 70" reach.
reach won't matter with chopped legs. Gaethje can take a shot. What he can't take is an acculmulation of volume of shots. Gaethje is part mexican which probably explains how he's so durable lol.

Not taking that away from him. Oliveira and Chandler are both fantastic grapplers.
What I'm saying is that both Gaethje and Poirier have a good chance of also fending of do bronx on the ground because they also have a good history of defending against grapplers outside khabib
Hm, i think Gaethje's bjj is kinda sus, but i'm inclined to at least somewhat agree with you about Poirier.

I hope Dustin beats Conor and we get Charles vs Dustin!

Who's beating khabib again ?

Anyway not sure what ts is smoking
He knocked out chandler who's put on two good confirmation displays Dude is legit AF

No one. It’s why the division is lame now. It’s not his fault but Khabib’s shadow is going to hang over his, and any subsequent champions, title reign.

Oliveira is one of the best all around fighters in MMA and one of my favorites. That being said, I don't think he is far ahead of everyone at LW, I think he has some really though matchups. I think he is at least as good as anyone in the top 10 but I think anyone stands out as being the dominant best out of all of them. That's how good LW is right now. I think Charles definitely earned his title and is rightful champion though. It's the golden era of LW and I'm stoked for it.

It’d be interesting to see the reaction if Chandler had won, something tells me there would be a lot of people saying he is the best current LW.

Full disclosure I predicted Chandler would KO Oliveira

I agree, i really don't understand why people are going crazy, he didn't even look good.
That fight showed me no evidence he has anything for Khabib, yet sherdog is going insane
I agree he was far from impressive, but styles make fights. Khabib doesn’t have Chandler’s power or explosiveness and isn’t known for his striking. And he’s more of a technician on the ground than someone that will overwhelm you with violent GnP. So, I was both underwhelmed with Charles’ win and intrigued with how he would match up with Khabib.

Somewhat agree. Chandler should have finished the fight in R1, I was very disappointed he did not let Oliveira stand up. It could have went both ways.
honestly I thought it was going to get stopped for a minute when it looked like Oliveira was flash ko'd on the ground taking punishment in Rd1

He knocked out a midget with no chin and chandler was owning him for most that fight. Its sad that people watch all khabib fights and look at Oliveira last night and think khabib wouldnt just roll him over like he does everyone else.

These people must be hallucinating if they don't think that Khabib wouldn't do to Charles the same that he did to the others. Just look how Charles looked vulnerable in the first round against Chandler. If it was Khabib there, he would've murdered him.
I'm happy for Charles and for what he has achieved after long 10 years in this company, but I don't think that he will hold the belt for long, at best he will defend one or two fights (these being MAYBE against Poirier and Gaethje) and then will lose to someone like Dariush or Islam.

Don't get me wrong, Do bronx is an elite ufc fighter and probably the most complete in the division. However, he clearly isn't "levels" above everyone else.
Its clear that against Chandler, anybody could've won. Hell, he couldn't even finish Chandler after getting his back. I'd have questions about him finishing poirier, gaethje, and even conor (who actually has decent bjj) on the ground.
Similarly, on the standup department, he did impress me with his timing, but his lack of head movement as well as how he took Chandler's shots would give me hesitation about taking him over the top 5 in the division. Guys like poirier and Gaethje have longer reach than chandler so it will be harder for olly to control the range with his leg kicks.

After seeing the Chandler fight, I'm not sure what I'm missing but the highest I'll rate do bronx is as the same tier as poirier and gaethje. I certainly won't rate him levels above any of the top 5.
Oliveira beats up overrated Justin.

No one. It’s why the division is lame now. It’s not his fault but Khabib’s shadow is going to hang over his, and any subsequent champions, title reign.
I don't agree. Khabib only defended a few times, always against strikers. Youmshould not place Oliveira in his shadow. Oliveira is a great new champ and who knows how he would fair vs Khabib?

Back