Stop overrating oliveira loll

hswrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Do bronx is an elite ufc fighter and probably the most complete in the division. However, he clearly isn't "levels" above everyone else.
Its clear that against Chandler, anybody could've won. Hell, he couldn't even finish Chandler after getting his back. I'd have questions about him finishing poirier, gaethje, and even conor (who actually has decent bjj) on the ground.
Similarly, on the standup department, he did impress me with his timing, but his lack of head movement as well as how he took Chandler's shots would give me hesitation about taking him over the top 5 in the division. Guys like poirier and Gaethje have longer reach than chandler so it will be harder for olly to control the range with his leg kicks.

After seeing the Chandler fight, I'm not sure what I'm missing but the highest I'll rate do bronx is as the same tier as poirier and gaethje. I certainly won't rate him levels above any of the top 5.

He’s definitely the best he’s ever been but it’s hard to forget those losses to Cowboy, Holloway and Cub.

He won’t outlast a guy like Gaethje or Poirier in a war of attrition, IMO.

Chandler has 71.5" reach.

Gaethje has 70" reach.
UFC also says Chandler is 5'8"....
Also, I was talking more about leg reach as Do bronx was controlling the range early on with leg kicks. He won't be able to do that with Gaethje

I agree, i really don't understand why people are going crazy, he didn't even look good.
That fight showed me no evidence he has anything for Khabib, yet sherdog is going insane

i dont really see all that many people saying he could take khabib here

khabib would finish that in r1

Guy who has never been submitted has successfully defended submission attempts from a bjj ace.

Come on man...
If a bjj ace gets someone's back, especially someone with shorter limbs, that should be a submission. Seeing this makes me more confident of poirier and gaethje's chances on the ground

Back