Stop calling me a f***ing casual!

Using “Casual” is just a way to discredit another Sherdawg, especially if you’re too lazy to make a counter argument

I've been ruminating on it, and I think I've come up with a much clearer way to define Casual:
Anyone who thought McGregor would beat Mayweather

have you ever watched the extras on a Pride Bushido dvd? no? Then shut up you f-ing casual scum!

If you don't have a join date prior to when Sherdog was created, you are a casual.
If you have never heard of "Rickson by armbar" you are a casual.
If you think Brock Lesnar was the best HW of all time, you are a casual.
If you never heard of Matt Hughes, you are a casual.
If...

I joined right after beating Helio in a bet in which he'd have to name all of his future male spawn after Girls with the Letter R
I beat Rickson by Heel Hook but it was pre-Instagram so no footage and he refuses to talk about it
Brocks a natural 185lber max
Hughes damn pickup hit my train!!

Let's free ourselves from our respective preconceived biases and prejudices and attempt to lay our full objective hand out on the table.

Pertaining to MMA, what fundamentally constitutes that someone is defined as a "casual" spectator of the sport. Is it strictly a knowledge based reasoning, or is there a repetitive engagement threshold one must surpass in order to lift themselves from this title?

Does such a term even hold any tangible worth anymore? In both being a derogatory remark and also where it becomes a self-reflecting concept i.e. aren't we all casuals if we engage, understand and enjoy the same common elements together? Relative to the current popularity of the sport, where can the this line be drawn between how we define sections/demographics of the fan base.

Perhaps we should approach with more caution before we choose to declare someone as a "casual". Let's at least lay claim to a general consensus on definition before we wield it within our arsenal.
You're on Sherdog. So by definition, you aren't a casual.

Imagine declaring this thread the workings of a "troll", It's asking a good faith question. I assume you can't answer it. Next.
I see I struck a nerve lol. Maybe try making better threads.

TLDR; all i see is a wall of text from a sticky, stanky, filthy casual...

@Darius0995 You are a Join Date 2012 Casual. Accept it, and STFU. I am a 2009 Casual. Do you see me complaining?

Hardcore is when you pass up on sex with a new partner to watch an event.
Or watch MMA while on the job.
Some might say you need at least amateur fighting experience to not be considered a casual.
Being either casual or hardcore are fine in my book.

Too hard core for sex...this whole forum must be Vale Tudo elitists. Probably all saw Helio get smashed by a six hundred pound Japanese Judoka live in Brazil.

If Tank Abbott isn’t on top of your GOAT list… you’re a damn casual

I've been doing combat sports since age 4 and I currently train 3x a day. I've not missed a UFC/PRIDE/STRIKEFORCE event since 2000. I occasionally catch Bellator/One/Rizin. I also watch BJJ and wi
Let's free ourselves from our respective preconceived biases and prejudices and attempt to lay our full objective hand out on the table.

Pertaining to MMA, what fundamentally constitutes that someone is defined as a "casual" spectator of the sport. Is it strictly a knowledge based reasoning, or is there a repetitive engagement threshold one must surpass in order to lift themselves from this title?

Does such a term even hold any tangible worth anymore? In both being a derogatory remark and also where it becomes a self-reflecting concept i.e. aren't we all casuals if we engage, understand and enjoy the same common elements together? Relative to the current popularity of the sport, where can the this line be drawn between how we define sections/demographics of the fan base.

Perhaps we should approach with more caution before we choose to declare someone as a "casual". Let's at least lay claim to a general consensus on definition before we wield it within our arsenal.
You'll never escape the label. You could be Urijah Faber and if you were arguing online or something you're gonna be called it.

Back