Economy stonks v9, bubble yum

Sold all my short term positions at open.....that puts me at 2/3 cash, 1/3 long term holds.

With the tech bubble, election, September always sucking in general, oh and the economy crushing pandemic i think I'm gonna sit on the sidelines a bit

How can an extra $900/month for 15.5 months save $190K? Remember, the interest savings is really only 60%-70% of the annual interest expense (assuming you fall under SALT). You get to write off at your effective tax rates.

I'm assuming your loan is a jumbo based on the projected $190K savings. My position on paying additional principal depends purely on your job and economic security. There is the present value of the $900/month surplus and the interest savings isn't noticeable until later in the loan; a lot can change in the 5 - 8 years before meaningful reductions appear. Additionally, your monthly payment doesn't go down (unless you refi again) so if any catastrophic events occur, you have less cash.

If you compare the present value of money and are good investor, it may make sense to invest and pay principal as you see fit. Not hugely adverse if you drop an extra $5,400 principal payment 6 month later vs spacing out $900 each of the first 6 months.

Also, I would consider the market and historical appreciation in the area. While many would say paying off a loan as fast as possible is wisest, having liquidity outside your home and working for you could be a better path.
Oops I meant ~$190k in 15.5 years. After thinking about it for the past few days I may just put down an extra $200 a month towards principle and save the rest in cash since the market is at such a high right now and the uncertainty after the elections. We may also buy again within the next year or so and rent this one out so it would be good to build up our cash savings. Rent is so damn high in our area and the houses similar to our size go fast with low inventory so I think we could get top dollar.

Dow and Jones pounded my anus today. ooooofff!

Reactions: MT7
Sold all my short term positions at open.....that puts me at 2/3 cash, 1/3 long term holds.

With the tech bubble, election, September always sucking in general, oh and the economy crushing pandemic i think I'm gonna sit on the sidelines a bit

I did this probably toooooo early, but had the exact same mindset and ratios.

i'm generally happy to pick up shit i want for ~10% less. (shit, i think i picked up some shit on -19%)

it's kind of ironic, though. i had amd shares tied to 87.5C for tomorrow. apparently, i should have sold for 90 (or 92.xx at the top), anyway (sold the calls when the SP was ~91). so whatever. now i have more. and calls for next week were still pricey for some reason, so i just sold 9/11s.

the other ironic thing was i was hoping to get back into maxn (flipped them regularly this week)... but they were green today, probably due to some kind of sorcery.

the semis selloff's kinda funny, though (if it's truly based on china's dumb comments). china literally can't make anything on the level of amd/nvidia... well, without invading taiwan. and since only one company makes the lithography machines (asml)...

making a play on GP. they make EV buses. just had a wonky run-up, 7:1 reverse split, and then the nasdaq uplisting. *shrugs* at least they actually make/sell the damn vehicles, unlike most ev companies...

today was retarded. only blatant misplays was not buying back the LMND puts ($45) i sold yesterday (for profit, even) when i had a chance. and i probably should not have sold like 200 fcel puts today.

Last edited:
I did this probably toooooo early, but had the exact same mindset and ratios.

I've been debating doing it every day this week after that insane August run. What do you mean too early?

I've been debating doing it every day this week after that insane August run. What do you mean too early?

I started cashing out some of those earlier buys when the run was starting up, but then it like, super ran lol and I had already took profits. There was a 0% chance I was gonna buy back in on the verge of all time highs left and right. Now I'm ready again, as long as prices becoming appealing enough.

I started cashing out some of those earlier buys when the run was starting up, but then it like, super ran lol and I had already took profits. There was a 0% chance I was gonna buy back in on the verge of all time highs left and right. Now I'm ready again, as long as prices becoming appealing enough.

Gotcha...crazy that so many stocks dropped so far and I'm still nowhere near buying them. Tesla is down 10%....big deal its up hundreds of % in last couple months.

I was looking at some retarded battery stock premarket and waited "for a dip"... it ran 30% instead lol

swbi's holding better than i thought. i figured it would have sold off a little after earnings, regardless.

I expect another huge sell off tomorrow, possibly larger than today to close the week

two huge issues

1) tech stocks and more so COMMUNICATION stocks are WAY over valued
2) lots of idiot individual investors dropped their stimulus money in the market

calling 27,500ish close

I keep on looking for a good guy and I keep on buying more and more CVS

unvalued with solid financials with solid div and growth projections - not sure what people are looking

pros:
kinda hedged
picked up some more goodies on the cheap, esp high beta
iv is so beautiful, θ gang

cons:

those fucking LMND puts (collateral) are eating up a lot of liquidity i'd rather actually use. so wish i bought them back yesterday morning or before close on 9/2. probably going to buy some back at a big loss just to free up cash.

it's funny how i don't even mind all the other puts i sold.

man, i figured there'd be like 89 posts today, given these movements

RIP sherdog stonks people.

2019 - 2020, killed by 28 hour bear market.

giphy.gif

Ahh yess sweet baby S&P add jesus come to me....Flipped some ETSY on their inclusion from 115-118 in like 1 minute...and guess who didn't get added to the 500? Tursla! bahahaha Which I had shorted at the bell. Which then tanked 8% siunce it was baked in.

Last edited:
Ahh yess sweet baby S&P add jesus come to me....Flipped some ETSY on their inclusion from 115-118 in like 1 minute...and guess who didn't get added to the 500? Tursla! bahahaha Which I had shorted at the bell. Which then tanked 8% siunce it was baked in.

hahahahahahahahaha, i forgot all about this and didn't pay attention. lolz @ tsla. and good for teradyne. i actually almost bought ter earlier (probably not surprising given how often i'm in semi hardware), i guess i should have.

hahahahahahahahaha, i forgot all about this and didn't pay attention. lolz @ tsla. and good for teradyne. i actually almost bought ter earlier (probably not surprising given how often i'm in semi hardware), i guess i should have.
Etsy spiked as much as 9% off the news from excited ppl and shorts
TER and CTLT moved like 2% lol
No retailers

Etsy spiked as much as 9% off the news from excited ppl and shorts
TER and CTLT moved like 2% lol
No retailers

yeah, TER's a boring stock. they're just generally reliable. i was basically just going to buy it for leverage

Back