Economy stock talk v7, meme stocks go up

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have no idea what this amd crash was about, but thanks for the extra shares/$ (sold puts at bottom), i guess.

i have no idea what this amd crash was about, but thanks for the extra shares/$ (sold puts at bottom), i guess.
there's gonna be a bounce; Micron just announced some solid guidance.

there's gonna be a bounce; Micron just announced some solid guidance.

i mean, i'm super confident in amd. (and they announced guidance at ER) there's actually a ton of good news/etc from their front. they're killing it. which is why the 13% drop over 25 hours threw me for a loop (was expecting to sell calls for sweet premium and buy a few cheap insurance puts, instead... i had to play defense)

Last edited:
throwing a short on Big Lots.
Up like 200% in 2 months after getting crushed on last earnings report and at 52 week highs. I guess people see them as a discount recession play, but I see them as a trash heap dying industry.
Anyone else wanna put their balls on the table with an idea that hasn't happened yet?

My "share your biggest loser since it's prolly a winner in disguse" with COTY last week was like 25% gain after a 25% loss, and likewise @rob mafia 's losses on SPWR when he mentioned turned to a 10+% gain.

Last edited:
lolz @ spce

predictable, this time... but still.

these motherfuckers are driving me nuts. just announce when the split is happening, ffs. been waiting since november (q2 2020!). i can't even decide how aggressively i should play this, i've just been selling puts and calls around it in a retardedass range (5-7, 9-10), with no real plan. (the real theta $ is in the 7.50-8.50 range, obviously... but i don't want to play tight without a directional plan)

i could have just wheeled this for way more $

Last edited:
My "share your biggest loser since it's prolly a winner in disguse"

btw, this should probably be a regular thing. my loss can be your gain and etc.

and i bought some spy 290 6/19, in case lil yachty strikes again.

Last edited:
LOL market takes off and the high beta stock I'd just bought sits flat -_-

Ayy too big a pussy to have large bets, but wins on Workday and Box thanks to CNBC shilling. Not bad for at the bell buys.

lol CNBC spending literally HOURS talking about this retarded SpaceX launch stunt just jizzing themselves over the idea of a private corp with billions in NASA money cosplaying a rocket launch sitting in white Teslas on some launch platform.
TRUMP AND PENCE BOTH THERE FOR THIS SHIT. Total stunt.
And they waited until minute before launch to cancel, showing how much pressure they were under to get the photo op done lol.

meant to post this last friday, should probably wail til this friday, but whatever.

theta gang:
hn62f1ru3xz41.jpg

meant to post this last friday, should probably wail til this friday, but whatever.

theta gang:
hn62f1ru3xz41.jpg
lol Futures up 240 as of midnightish PST. Despite Trump acting liking a total start AND squawking at China. All on pure re-open enthusiasm. I think this should setup for a short position pretty soon on companies that rely on volume small business revenues, as this recovery is such an absurd V despite the purge of so many biz and jobs.

lol Futures up 240 as of midnightish PST. Despite Trump acting liking a total start AND squawking at China. All on pure re-open enthusiasm. I think this should setup for a short position pretty soon on companies that rely on volume small business revenues, as this recovery is such an absurd V despite the purge of so many biz and jobs.

probably, if they've rebounded about as well as the s&p, at least...

Shorted the open, it paid.
Pussied on my CGC holding and missed most of the predictable pre-earnings spike but still ahead ;/

Welp my prediction of DraftKings doubling just came true within 2 months. Wasn't in on it and was waiting a shakeout brutal down day, but it never came. Absurd.

Welp my prediction of DraftKings doubling just came true within 2 months. Wasn't in on it and was waiting a shakeout brutal down day, but it never came. Absurd.

What was up with that drop to 25c a month ago? Seems almost unreal in hindsight.

i bought some $17.50 and $20 calls (for apr? may? june? don't remember) back in feb when it was on their old ticker. ...but sold them during the crash for appx even, when the news of no sports was going to tank the fuck out of it. then i missed the window to get back in. womp, womp.

I'm in on Shotspotter. Almost near 52 week lows, but riots and unrest? Count me in. Somehow I have accounted for like 3% of the daily volume in the stock today, very weird low vol.

I'm in on Shotspotter. Almost near 52 week lows, but riots and unrest? Count me in. Somehow I have accounted for like 3% of the daily volume in the stock today, very weird low vol.

fuck, this stock has like... NO volume. and no options.

lol CNBC spending literally HOURS talking about this retarded SpaceX launch stunt just jizzing themselves over the idea of a private corp with billions in NASA money cosplaying a rocket launch sitting in white Teslas on some launch platform.
TRUMP AND PENCE BOTH THERE FOR THIS SHIT. Total stunt.
And they waited until minute before launch to cancel, showing how much pressure they were under to get the photo op done lol.

tenor.gif

Well fuck I took a nap and overslept and woke up to chaos.
Should have kept my CGC bet and more of my shorts.
Trump is such a fucking idiot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back