* Stipe refusing to fight until contract is re-negotiated !

INB4 Dana tries and throws him under the bus

Stipe could be a huge draw or at least respectable. A white American HW on a win streak the heartland. But UFC can't market anyone

The UFC is horrible at promoting fighters. Unless they can shit talk. The UFC is just useless.

Dude from Ohio, who happens to moonlight as a Paramedic/firefighter. And he's knocking out the biggest names in the sport, in the FIRST fuckin round. One win away from a UFC record.

If you can't sell that. You're not very good at your fuckin job.

giphy.gif
You seem like you could help the UFC out quite a bit!
How does free plus all the shitted underwear you can use- sound?

Just like Ronda's success was supposed to be great for WMMA. Still get a good chuckle out of that one.

It blows my mind that some people still actually think trickle down economics is a thing.

It was, the UFC women's division probably wouldn't even exist without Rousey and the fans she brought over

When Stipe produces the profit like the other names than he should be asking for more money.

He should be asking and negotiating for more money anyway. It doesn't hurt to ask.

You deserve what you can negotiate.

Ha, stipe takes him with one clean punch to the jaw and it's lights out. Overoid had nothing for him aside from that strike he landed after turning his back and doing a lap around the octagon.

No I think in retrospect people realize thaat had Overeem Had striked instead of going for a guillotine Stipe Head would of came off.
He screwed up and went all in on that stupid aas submission and got Ko, if it happens again I see a calm Overeem KTFO of stipe.

Overeem vs Cain for interim title ...

Hey it's possible, the MW's fought over a interim title because the champ took other fights instead .. anything can happen in the WME era

As much as I like Stipe and think he's most likely justified in this the man needs to honour his contract that HE signed. Once his contract is up that is when he can start to negotiate. I'm starting to think he wants to renegotiate his contract now because if he waits until his contract is up he may no longer be on top. He's the one that signed the contract if he was worried about fighters making more than him if he becomes the champ this should of been discussed before signing. This is part of the business you live you learn. Anyone know how many fights he has left on his current deal?

Last edited:
He signed the contract
Such brilliant insight. So deep, bro.

I personally feel like if it is conveyed to consumers that UFC values someone, by paying them well, promoting them properly and speaking highly of them, that that positive message will be conveyed to fans/consumers and will grow on them.

Stipe is a quiet guy, doesn't like to do interviews, but he beats the shit out of the best HWs. That alone is valuable. But if UFC doesn't put that out there, then naturally a lot of fans won't pay too much attention.

The UFC are terrible promoters.

This guy should be a star in the US.

If Eddie Hearn can make someone as boring as Anthony Joshua a superstar in the UK there's no reason the UFC can't make a HW champ who is also a fucking firefighter a star in the US.

Hey Stipe, have you heard of Shaquille O Neal? OK now have you heard of Steel? OK

Look, I like Stipe but he's not a draw for whatever reason. JDS and Overeem are bigger names and that's why they made more. I don't like the idea of a fighter holding out until he gets money he isn't deserving of due to popularity reasons. Don't get me wrong, I understand where's he coming from, but people were watching to see Overeem and JDS more than him.

JDS and Reem aren't even headlining events.

As much as I like Stipe and think he's most likely justified in this the man needs to honour his contract that HE signed. Once his contract is up that is when he can start to negotiate. I'm starting to think he wants to renegotiate his contract now because if he waits until his contract is up he may no longer be on top. He's the one that signed the contract if he was worried about fighters making more than him if he becomes the champ this should of been discussed before signing. This is part of the business you live you learn. Anyone know how many fights he has left on his current deal?

No it's not actually part of the business. Conor negotiates his salary for every fight. So did Ronda. And so did Silva.

It was, the UFC women's division probably wouldn't even exist without Rousey and the fans she brought over

And this would be a bad thing exactly how...?

Besides, that's not the point. The point is, other WMMA fighters weren't better off because Ronda any more than male fighters ae because Conor. No other fighter is making more money because of those two other than those two, period.

I get a kick out of this notion of what's fair...
Business is business.
Hopefully the UFC gives him more money...
I want to see him fight again, but I don't support terrorism.
Holding the UFC hostage because he made a bad business decision isn't cool.

Back