Stipe needs to change his approach for Frank 2.0

People who say that Stipe has slowed down in his last few fights need to realize that Cormier, while morbidly obese and 40+ years old, would make most other heavyweights look even slower.

People who say that Stipe has slowed down in his last few fights need to realize that Cormier, while morbidly obese and 40+ years old, would make most other heavyweights look even slower.

i wouldn’t call DC obese Jesus Christ

I'm very curious about Stipe's gameplan this time. How will the experience from the first fight influence his approach? Will he try to rinse and repeat, trusting that what worked once will work again? Or will he do something new to try and bring about a finish, so as not to go through the utter exhaustion of manhandling that mountain of a man for 25 minutes? Personally I'm hoping for Stipe to pull off an RNC (remember he did try one late in the second round last time); I think it would be funny to get a first submission so late in one's career.

I'm very curious about Stipe's gameplan this time. How will the experience from the first fight influence his approach? Will he try to rinse and repeat, trusting that what worked once will work again? Or will he do something new to try and bring about a finish, so as not to go through the utter exhaustion of manhandling that mountain of a man for 25 minutes? Personally I'm hoping for Stipe to pull off an RNC (remember he did try one late in the second round last time); I think it would be funny to get a first submission so late in one's career.
Lol I was just gonna mention how no one ever brings up that RNC attempt right before the end of round 2.The bell saved Ngannou, IMO. Who knows, maybe he will finish it in the rematch.

Stipe fought smart the first time I don't know if he's going to change much up since it got him the win. I think if he's any less cautious in favor for the kill he gets knocked out. Only so many viable ways to fight insane punchers like Ngannou. He needs to fight him like GSP would.

Frank 2.0? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe Francis is a different fighter. It's hard to say obviously because he finishes people so quickly but his boxing is still pretty sloppy. I'd say this is another Russian roulette for Stipe. Dodging strikes long enough until he can take it to the ground (also having the chin still to take a couple of shots.) Francis is still throwing pretty sloppy punches because he knows as soon as he lands it's over but that's the reason why Stipe was able to avoid them.

He's throwing the same shit he did against Stipe still (wide alternating left and right hooks.) Stipe just has doesn't run backwards with his head stationary like everyone else.

ThirstyFakeGosling-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Basic ringcraft ftw

stipe hits very hard too and can ko anyone if landed cleanly.

All is Stipe has to do is get out of the first round.

So Ik that Stipe Miocic beat Ngannou relatively easy the first time and the general consensus is that As long as Miocic is still in his prime he should be able to do the same thing unless he gets “caught”.

And I seriously disagree with that idea, stipe should go and aim for a finish against Frank instead of “surviving”. The whole “Ngannou was green” narrative isn’t just a dismissive meme (aka Conor 2.0) it’s actual facts he has improved tremendously compared to the first fight his technical boxing and his leg kicks are far far more dangerous than the first time around. Stipe NEEDS to try and weather the early storm and get a GNP stoppage or sub him because attempting another 5 round wrestle clinic is heroic yet foolish as fuck.
"he has improved tremendously "
LOL what an casual

Back