Stipe needs to change his approach for Frank 2.0

Ngannou was 263 when he fought Stipe. His last fight against Rozenstruik he was 261.5...

Earlier in his career, like Blaydes 1, he weighed 252. That's what I'm sayin.

improved immensely? LOL, he looked HORRIBLE in his last fight--he fights like this against Stipe and he'll get slept like werdum.
tenor.gif

GenerousGreatAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

So Ik that Stipe Miocic beat Ngannou relatively easy the first time and the general consensus is that As long as Miocic is still in his prime he should be able to do the same thing unless he gets “caught”.

And I seriously disagree with that idea, stipe should go and aim for a finish against Frank instead of “surviving”. The whole “Ngannou was green” narrative isn’t just a dismissive meme (aka Conor 2.0) it’s actual facts he has improved tremendously compared to the first fight his technical boxing and his leg kicks are far far more dangerous than the first time around. Stipe NEEDS to try and weather the early storm and get a GNP stoppage or sub him because attempting another 5 round wrestle clinic is heroic yet foolish as fuck.
100% a firt round KO for Francis. He is hungry, improving literally every day and Stipe is old.

Earlier in his career, like Blaydes 1, he weighed 252. That's what I'm sayin.

That might make sense. Stipe shed a lot of weight too. He now fights at 230 down from about 245. If Ngannou focused more on cardio and less on weights and slimmed down like Overeem did (who also had shit cardio early on), it could make a difference.

Ngannou and Jones both have unfairly durable chins.

Imagine if they both have Roy Nelson or Hunt level chins. That + Ngannou's power would make it like he's playing this sport with goddamn cheat codes.

Ngannou does have a Mark Hunt level chin imo he survived 300 strikes against Stipe pretty easily and we all know Stipe has massive power. Stipe even finished Mark Hunt with Ground and pound.

Overeem would have been finished a dozen times if he ate all the same strikes that Ngannou did.

Cant wait for this one. I just hope it gets to at least round 3. I like big fights like this going more rounds. Last fight that got me pumped like this was izy-costa but it left bitter taste afterwards since I expected a lot more from it. Yes, izy is really good but to be honest costa did have worst showing of his ufc career in that one. Shame. Hopea are high for Stipe-Big Frank 2 to be a banger.

Perfectly timed counter, right on the chin that Ngannou didn't see coming. If this punch didn't even wobble Francis then I really don't think Stipe is capable of stopping Francis with his hands, unless he lands a punch like this late.

giphy.gif

Damn. Impressive gif. Francis only moved back because the he got off balance. Stipe punched a wall. Nice slip and counter by him.

8 of his last 10 have gone one round. The two that didn’t he lost. Stipe knows how to beat him and I don’t think he is particularly worried.

Ngannou hasn't had enough cage time to know if he has improved much or not lol. I want to see if his cardio and wrestling have improved, but he knocks everyone out in the 1st round. Stipe needs to mix it up like he did last time and stay away from wild exchanges at all cost. I have a feeling the takedown is going to be much more difficult this time around though.

I am taking Francis to win by KO here. I think Stipe no doubt is a better fighter and has the game to repeat what he did, but I think that all it takes is one shot and Francis will land it. For me it's that simple, Francis has the power and I don't think Stipe will land hard enough to hurt Francis. I also think he'll be a lot more prepared for the wrestling.

And I want Stipe to win the fight so we can see Jon vs Stipe goat vs goat

I think ngannou is overrated and will be getting very old quickly

That said ,I'd still probably pick him to land at some point and put stipes lights out .

But ngannou will not be the future long reigning champ at hw...there's better guys coming

Damn. Impressive gif. Francis only moved back because the he got off balance. Stipe punched a wall. Nice slip and counter by him.
If that punch lands More on the chin as opposed to the neck/ear area, francis goes down

IMO Stipe needs to just mix it up or at least threaten a take down once in a while so that Francis can't just bullrush him or focus on his striking only. Stipe obviously a better technical striker but you don't want to give Francis extra chances to tee off on you.
Like the reason GSP standup was so effective b/c you constantly worried about his takedowns.
I agree. Mix it up, stay on the outside, don't brawl

I think the longer Stipe stands with him, the worse things are likely to be. His best bet is to time a TD as soon as possible. This would also be a great time for him to learn a submission of some kind.
Hell yes.

He needs to (obviously) eliminate the Ngannou big shots threat and get a takedown and KEEP him down. Tire him out.
If he stands....it's just a matter of time before a big shot lands. Stipe DID it before, survived Rd 1 and 2 but the bottom line is he needs to not get slugged in the first 2 rounds and he MUST know that repeated Take-downs has to be on the menu for Stipe to be victorious. and if Ngannou just stands up.....take him down again.

Every single fight at a high-level is an analysis before-hand of "how does my opponent usually win? How does he usually lose?".
You MUST have a gameplan and stick to it. Otherwise....you wake up ....and say "what happened?".

Personally I hope that Stipe has a really SOLID gameplan and executes it again and wins this fight. I do believe he is a far better Mixed-Martial Artist than Ngannou. But he has to avoid catching a huge shot, obviously. OR else it's game over.

improved immensely? LOL, he looked HORRIBLE in his last fight--he fights like this against Stipe and he'll get slept like werdum.
tenor.gif

GenerousGreatAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

His last 4 fights lasted 3 minutes and 2 of them were former champions (velasquez,dos santos). Does that sound ''Horrible'' to you ? Francis doesn't have the most technical fighting in the world but so far it has worked. And not to mention Werdum is known to have a glass chin anyways. When was the last time you saw francis being knocked down ?

Back