Stipe needs to change his approach for Frank 2.0

Francis came in a little big for that fight. I think he's going to come in Predator shape next time around, a bit more streamlined and nimble.

Stipe is going to have his hands full.

Francis is being overrated. If he doesn't end it early how will we know that he's any better after 1 round.

Man these dudes in here don’t get it tactically

I think the longer Stipe stands with him, the worse things are likely to be. His best bet is to time a TD as soon as possible. This would also be a great time for him to learn a submission of some kind.
I think Stipes same gameplan should still work as long as he doesn’t get caught.

Stipe just needs not to get caught in the first 3 minutes. The smart thing for Ngannou is to repeat what he did against Rosenstriuk.

Lol.

Francis is the one that needs to make the adjustments.

He lost the fight......very badly might I add.

It will be more of the same unless Stipe has lost a step.

I have seen nothing from Ngannou to indicate he is any different from their first meeting.

I think Stipe is going to strike with Ngannou and try to out speed him and be more technical. Not throwing haymakers but solid rights and lefts through the middle.

He said in an interview "Speed kills" So I think he means he'll stand up and bang with Ngannou. Seems suicidal, but it may work. We will see.

I think Stipe is going to strike with Ngannou and try to out speed him and be more technical. Not throwing haymakers but solid rights and lefts through the middle.

He said in an interview "Speed kills" So I think he means he'll stand up and bang with Ngannou. Seems suicidal, but it may work. We will see.
He'll probably do that and change level if Ngannou overcommit or lunge forward.
Naked TD attempts in the open are too dangerous.

So Ik that Stipe Miocic beat Ngannou relatively easy the first time and the general consensus is that As long as Miocic is still in his prime he should be able to do the same thing unless he gets “caught”.

And I seriously disagree with that idea, stipe should go and aim for a finish against Frank instead of “surviving”. The whole “Ngannou was green” narrative isn’t just a dismissive meme (aka Conor 2.0) it’s actual facts he has improved tremendously compared to the first fight his technical boxing and his leg kicks are far far more dangerous than the first time around. Stipe NEEDS to try and weather the early storm and get a GNP stoppage or sub him because attempting another 5 round wrestle clinic is heroic yet foolish as fuck.
nah. ngannou has continued with wreckless haymakers with NO technique since Stipe fought him. If he doesn't get lucky with an early punch, Stipe will dominate him for 5 rounds yet again.

Frank 2.0? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe Francis is a different fighter. It's hard to say obviously because he finishes people so quickly but his boxing is still pretty sloppy. I'd say this is another Russian roulette for Stipe. Dodging strikes long enough until he can take it to the ground (also having the chin still to take a couple of shots.) Francis is still throwing pretty sloppy punches because he knows as soon as he lands it's over but that's the reason why Stipe was able to avoid them.

He's throwing the same shit he did against Stipe still (wide alternating left and right hooks.) Stipe just has doesn't run backwards with his head stationary like everyone else.

ThirstyFakeGosling-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

To be fair we don't know if he got better or worse at all because he knocks people in 30 seconds. Makes analyzing the fight kinda hard
He was doing that before the first Stipe fight, too. He has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's improved since. We'll soon find out. I expect the same result.

Perfectly timed counter, right on the chin that Ngannou didn't see coming. If this punch didn't even wobble Francis then I really don't think Stipe is capable of stopping Francis with his hands, unless he lands a punch like this late.

giphy.gif

Ngannou and Jones both have unfairly durable chins.

Imagine if they both have Roy Nelson or Hunt level chins. That + Ngannou's power would make it like he's playing this sport with goddamn cheat codes.

So Ik that Stipe Miocic beat Ngannou relatively easy the first time and the general consensus is that As long as Miocic is still in his prime he should be able to do the same thing unless he gets “caught”.

And I seriously disagree with that idea, stipe should go and aim for a finish against Frank instead of “surviving”. The whole “Ngannou was green” narrative isn’t just a dismissive meme (aka Conor 2.0) it’s actual facts he has improved tremendously compared to the first fight his technical boxing and his leg kicks are far far more dangerous than the first time around. Stipe NEEDS to try and weather the early storm and get a GNP stoppage or sub him because attempting another 5 round wrestle clinic is heroic yet foolish as fuck.
Francis’ boxing hasn’t improved whatsoever, it’s still very bad. His kicks have looked strong but I’d be surprised if he tries to kick stipe, who will be looking for the takedown.

The gap between these two when it comes to skill is fucking vast. There isn’t a fight on earth that isn’t winnable for francis, but the stars need to align and stipe needs to make a serious error. He is just so much better.

Stipe has also changed his body and conditioning some. They claim he has less body fat and more strength and his most recent fights show this. I felt like before this he would get lethargic and risky in later rounds.

Watching the first fight between these two fighters though I just don't see Francis getting the W.
It’s really hard to say what Stipe’s most recent fights show. I felt like he didn’t look great last time out, but we’ve only seen him against the same opponent his last 3 fights, and that opponent was over 40 years old and on the brink of retirement. Both DC and Stipe seemed like they were still fighting at a high level, especially for their age, but it’s hard to tell because they only fought one another. Francis is still not all that technical, so Stipe could def win again. But I’m kind of leaning towards Francis winning, as I personally haven’t liked what I’ve seen out of Stipe (by which I mean, I think he’s slowing down/declining) in the past couple fights.
I think Stipes same gameplan should still work as long as he doesn’t get caught.
Yeah that’s the game you play with Ngannou (and Lewis too). Neither is very technical, but they only need to time one bomb.

What the hell is "Frank 2.0"?

What improvements have we seen from Ngannou since the first time they fought? He shit the bed against Lewis and then wiped out a bunch of guys in in the first round with streetfighter style windmill punches.

Show me where he has "tremendously improved" in the last 2 years....

Other than being terrified of Lewis he's had roughly 2 1/2 minutes of cage time. Velazquez and Cain are literally so far past their prime it was a joke for them to be fighting.

What the hell is "Frank 2.0"?

What improvements have we seen from Ngannou since the first time they fought? He shit the bed against Lewis and then wiped out a bunch of guys in in the first round with streetfighter style windmill punches.

Show me where he has "tremendously improved" in the last 2 years....

Other than being terrified of Lewis he's had roughly 2 1/2 minutes of cage time. Velazquez and Cain are literally so far past their prime it was a joke for them to be fighting.

you always say sum retarded shit when u quote me bro.

Either you or some other dude with a D in their name.

you always say sum retarded shit when u quote me bro.

Either you or some other dude with a D in their name.

I have to speak your language otherwise it would be too complex for you....

Unless of course you can actually show some evidence of Ngannou's "vast" improvements.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Francis came in a little big for that fight. I think he's going to come in Predator shape next time around, a bit more streamlined and nimble.

Stipe is going to have his hands full.

Ngannou was 263 when he fought Stipe. His last fight against Rozenstruik he was 261.5...

Back