Stipe is so underrated nowadays , People have forgotten how great he is

Struve L was early in UFC career
reem never had the chance to gnp (rewatch)
Rocked Francis far more than Francis rocked him
Lol at losing to cormier, who was always a HW before Barry making LHW, being a point against him

HW goat
Nowhere near HW GOAT lol always an excuse for something. No chance for gnp? Lmao okay, overeem could have taken top position and just picked him apart. Instead went for a stupid choke that failed. If NG didn't get wild then he could have put Stipe away. Struve put Stipe away. Stipe lost a unanimous to JDS.

Stipe's best win is JDS, his only other "top" wins are an old Werdum, old Arvloski, old Hunt (lol), and barely scraping by non horsemeat Overeem. He has had close calls in multiple fights, then got finished by an fat LHW.

Keep reaching buddy.

Its funny because this division is so ass Stipe could get 2 top 5 wins under his belt in 2 months with ease. Then he would be in a spot to demand rematch or a title shot. Instead he has done nothing and will get passes up.

Nowhere near HW GOAT lol always an excuse for something. No chance for gnp? Lmao okay, overeem could have taken top position and just picked him apart. Instead went for a stupid choke that failed. If NG didn't get wild then he could have put Stipe away. Struve put Stipe away. Stipe lost a unanimous to JDS.

Stipe's best win is JDS, his only other "top" wins are an old Werdum, old Arvloski, old Hunt (lol), and barely scraping by non horsemeat Overeem. He has had close calls in multiple fights, then got finished by an fat LHW.

Keep reaching buddy.
Reem never had the chance, Stipe was half way to his feet before they made contact

Ngannou is always wild, Stipe technically out classed him standing. That was an easy call. Also was an easily call that Cain would be KO'd.

Werdum was coming off the best performance of his career when he fought Stipe, but whatever suits your narrative

Lol fat LHW, he was NEVER A LHW and actually cheated once to make that weight. Lifelong heavyweight who would easily beat every other guy you would call goat over Stipe

Oh and he'll never fight Francis or rematch Stipe so we won't know

lol at you saying im reaching

I'm not even a Cain fan boy, but Cain absolutely wrecked his opponents. Stipe's wins he doesnt look great.

I get the feeling you're prizing style over substance. Cain's invariable gameplan is to go all buzzsaw, to try to dominate and wear down. Which means he either wrecks or gets wrecked, there is no third option. That's not Stipe's style. Are you saying you have to fight Cain's way to be considered a great fighter?

There are three things certain in life, taxes, death and Scream mask on Stipe threads

All get did was hug Francis. He took more damage than Francis did. Couldn't even finish a guy to gassed he could barely stand

He didn't get "caught" by DC. He was getting worked for a good minute or so up to the KO. DC is a bad match up for Stipe because Stipe can't out-wrestle him, DC is hard to hit on the chin, and despite looking soft, DC has better cardio than Stipe. If they fought 10 times, I think DC out classes Stipe the majority of those fights. Stipe has one way to win, and that's by KO.

With that said, I think Stipe has more luck with Cain because Cain is easier to hit, and he doesn't got an iron jaw like DC. I could see Stipe catching Cain about half the time.

I think Stipe's worst matchups are DC and prime JDS. I would like to see what Jones or Gus look like at HW before having an strong opinion on a hypothetical fight with Stipe, but I think Jones would beat him soundly, and Gus would be interesting because I think Stipe would have to use his wrestling to win that fight. Who knows?

Keep reaching buddy.
So when old Werdum wins a title and beats Cain he is great,nobody mentiones any age
But when he gets knocked the fuck out in very next fight then he is old and washed up?
Interesting logic noob

I get the feeling you're prizing style over substance. Cain's invariable gameplan is to go all buzzsaw, to try to dominate and wear down. Which means he either wrecks or gets wrecked, there is no third option. That's not Stipe's style. Are you saying you have to fight Cain's way to be considered a great fighter?

What's Stipes style? Getting knocked down, and having a tough fight then winning?

Stipe is underrated and lost on arguably a fluke/flash KO. He deserved the instant rematch imo.

What i find hilarious is that he broke the HW defense record and was on a 6 win streak, being the underdog in a couple of those fights but all of a sudden he has to "EARN" his rematch after losing to a flash 1st round KO. I know this is an org where getting a title shot is a popularity contest but this is still ridiculous.

Reminds me of Slater vs Lesnar.

tenor.gif

That’s purely Stipes fault for not fighting since DC loss. He should’ve had at least one fight since then to show everyone he’s still a threat to Cormier and get people excited for the rematch

What i find hilarious is that he broke the HW defense record and was on a 6 win streak, being the underdog in a couple of those fights but all of a sudden he has to "EARN" his rematch after losing to a flash 1st round KO. I know this is an org where getting a title shot is a popularity contest but this is still ridiculous.
Jose Aldo wasn't given an instant rematch and you're complaining about a 6 fight win streak?
Do you know why neither of them got a rematch? It's because they got knocked the hell out.

And just so you know Stipe has the exact same amount of UFC HW title defenses as Tim Sylvia and Randy Couture, which is at a whooping 3.

Jose Aldo wasn't given an instant rematch and you're complaining about a 6 fight win streak?
Do you know why neither of them got a rematch? It's because they got knocked the hell out.
Your logic is stupid. Just because Aldo didn't get an instant rematch, doesn't mean that's how it should be. And getting flash KO'd in the first round is a much bigger reason to get a rematch than getting dominated. Especially in the HW division. There is a very good reason no one got more than 3 defenses.
And just so you know Stipe has the exact same amount of UFC HW title defenses as Tim Sylvia and Randy Couture, which is at a whooping 3.
False.

Stipe's UFC HW title defenses:
  • Overeem
  • JDS
  • Ngannou
Tim's UFC HW title defenses:
  • Gan McGee
  • Arlovski
  • Monson
Randy's UFC HW title defenses:
  • Rizzo
  • Rizzo
  • Gonzaga

Thanks for playing though.
Fun fact: Both Randy and Tim have more titles than Stipe does at 5.

Last edited:
I figured "in a row" was implied, so my bad i guess. And Sylvia was stripped of the title for the McGee fight for juicing, so that defense is suspect at best.

What's Stipes style? Getting knocked down, and having a tough fight then winning?

Stipe's gameplan is tweaked from fight to fight, so you can't speak of only one style for Stipe. The MO you mention was used only in the Overeem fight. :) And actually, that's a surprisingly likely way to beat Overreem — nothing like your opponent bouncing back from almost certain loss to dishearten a guy like Alistair, who's been known to lose fights he was dominating (see: Bigfoot).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back