Stipe is so underrated nowadays , People have forgotten how great he is

His run was damn impressive, but people do have a point about the competition being old and shop worn as fuck.. you can’t take anything away from him because it’s not his fault but he did fight a bunch of 40 year olds. I’d argue that jds actually has a better ufc resume then stipe without looking at either of their records. I could absolutely be wrong but just thinking of the names they’ve beat jds has Cain, rothwell, werdum, stipe, mir, hunt, Carwin, nelson, blackbeast, cro cop, struve,tuivasa, Ivanov. That list is ridiculous and I’m not sure stiles is better

he hasn't even fought in almost a year while DC defended the belt with a broken hand

That is what happens when your entire "run" is fighting old men and broken former greats.

See my sig.
So all HW runs since Fedor and Nog were young?

As said, he's not underrated, people just aren't talking about him because he's not doing anything.

He should fight and prove how underrated he is imo.

It should be against a bulked up Camozzi imo. Tough fight.

Yeah. He's the Pontiac GTO all right.

Yeah, well when you reitire to your lawn tractor it’s pretty easy to forget a person. I was as big a Stipe fan as there is. But when GSP lost he didn’t whine for a re-match and totally go off the grid waiting for an auto-rematch. He went back to work and earned it.

His hehaviour is unsavoury and I can’t condone it.

GreedyMessyAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

I always underrate him.
He just doesn't look that impressive. He's well rounded and athletic, but rarely spectacular.

His 6 fight win streak was beastly though. Definitely one of the best run's in the UFC HW division history.

Jones called him out then backed out . No wonder he doesnt want any of that HW smoke.
Can you stop taking about Jones? Or is he leaving rent free in your head? This is about Miocic and the HWs

Dude's an idiot, he could have fought already once or twice and secure his shoot at the title again.

He has said that the rematch was more important to him than the title shot aspect. The whole focus was trying to get that in before DC retired, and if Cormier had stuck to plan it would have been a narrow window of opportunity. If he didn't get it in that time...well, he had wanted time off for his new duty of fatherhood anyhow. Understanding that, it wasn't so stupid a plan. But he couldn't foresee, just like Cormier himself didn't foresee, the various delays on Lesnar's part and injuries on Cormier's that widened the window and let others slip through.

Cain Dominated his opponents. Stipe went life and death with them. How are you going to be a Colby fan and support a dweeb whiner like Stipe

Stipe's run was a grand total of 5 fights. Chill the fuck out lol. JDS' run was 9 fights

One of the HW GOATs for sure, I wish he would get a rematch with DC but in the interim he should call out Cain or someone else and put a good beatdown on them so there's no doubt he's next in line for a title shot.

Stipe is ignorant and annoying..

But hey he's an mma fighter, so what can I expect..

Stipe's run was a grand total of 5 fights. Chill the fuck out lol. JDS' run was 9 fights
JDS record in title fights 2-3
Stipe record in title fights 4-1
I was talking about title runs

Cain Dominated his opponents. Stipe went life and death with them. How are you going to be a Colby fan and support a dweeb whiner like Stipe

You're a Cain fan and calling other people whiners? Waaaah -- elevation! Waaaaah -- my back! Waaaah -- my knee has an owee! I mean maybe Stipe should be fighting and not sitting out but bringing up Cain as the standard is laughable. Also, he got dominated by several of his opponents unless you're so deep in the AKA cult that you won't acknowledge that....

Stipe is hands down the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time and has the best title run out of any heavyweight in UFC History , Some people may still fantasize about Cain being the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time but he is not all of the 3 guys who defeated Cain have been destroyed by Stipe.
His 5 fight KO streak is one of the best finishing streaks ever with the last 4 of them being all first round knockouts.
The only fight he didnt finish in his 6 fight winning streak was a fight in which he completely dominated Ngannou who just dispatched Cain in seconds this February , Stipe is a great fighter but he simply got caught against DC and people forget how good he is. Its a shame that there are a lot of dummies shitting on him while dismissing his elite fighting skills.
My thoughts on Miocic prior to him losing against Cormier:
I have no dog in this race, so I'll take a crack at it:

-Mark Hunt, 41 years old, and was 1-2-1 in his last 4. His last fight prior to facing Miocic was a knockout loss to Werdum. It's easy to see that Hunt was both old and past his prime.
-Andrei Arlovski, one month shy of 37 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. His last fight prior to facing Miocic was a very lackluster performance against Mir. Additionally, Arlovski's UFC win-streak consisted of a split win over Schaub, a knockout of a downsliding Silva, and a knockout of a downsliding Browne. Old? I don't know. Past his prime? The Mir fight suggests that he was.
-Fabricio Werdum, two months shy of 39 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. Werdum's last four wins consisted of a past-his-prime Nogueira, a prime Browne, a short-notice Hunt, and a high-altitude Velasquez. Old? Yes. Past his prime? I don't think so.
-Alistair Overeem, 36 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. Overeem's last four wins consisted of a downsliding Struve, a past-his-prime Nelson, a downsliding JDS, and a now past-his-prime Arlovski. Old? No. Past his prime? I don't think so.
-JDS, 33 years old, and was 2-2 in his last 4. JDS' two wins consisted of a prime-but-popped-for-PEDs Rothwell and a prime Miocic. Old? Definitely not. Past his prime? He's probably on the downslide.
-Ngannou, 31 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. Ngannou's last four wins consisted of one can, one journeyman, a past-his-prime Arlovski, and a downsliding Overeem. Old? Definitely not. Past his prime? He hasn't even entered it.

Emelianenko, I think, remains the Heavyweight GOAT. He was undefeated for nearly a decade and that win streak consists of more fights than Miocic even has on his record. Emelianenko defeated younger/prime versions of several of Miocic's opponents and young/prime fighters whom Miocic never had the chance to fight against. Miocic is competing in a time when the Heavyweights have never been older, while Emelianenko competed in the golden age of the Heavyweight division.

Miocic is a great fighter, but it's not fair to compare him to Emelianenko.

As far as how Miocic compares to UFC-only Heavyweights, I'd still rank him behind Velasquez, Werdum, and JDS.

the current HW champs in the UFC and Bellator both got dominated by a LHW guy

that should tell you all you need to know about how untalented the HW divisions have been for the last few years.

Stipe is good, he just needs to fucking fight again and prove he is still good instead of crying for a title shot for 2 years.

the current HW champs in the UFC and Bellator both got dominated by a LHW guy

that should tell you all you need to know about how untalented the HW divisions have been for the last few years.
And the LHW guy doesnt want any of that HW work . Neither division is good both are bad but while training with Overeem something muist have popped in Jones mind.

Back