Stipe has a chance in this fight

Could Stipe compete? Sure. But based on his last fights he was looking washed and that was three years ago. People don't usually get unwashed after three years or fight better with zero time in a cage.

I wouldn't be surprised if this fight looks like Colby-Leon and Stipe just looks kind of lost and out of sorts.

He is 42, and has not fought in what? 4 years? Last fight was a brutal KO loss against Ngannou and before that he had a very hard trilogy with Cormier, and another war with Ngannou before that. Stipe is the UFC HW GOAT, but that was the past, he would probably not even make the Top 10 currently. So his chances are very slim.

stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
all championship elite fights
he also rested meaning hes gonna recover after that nganou ko

lol jones haters just say this
you dont want this fight because jon jones is too good and hes gonna add a great win on his resume
lmaooo cryyy

There are massive unknown about his form but then again the same is true of Jones to some degree, I'd agree it might end up being competitive BUT it also may end up being vastly below the standard of the best HW MMA(such as it is) and thus unworthy of being a title fight.

stipe is old and suffered the most brutal knockout of his career in his last fight

Randy was the best he ever was and was improving at 43 and Stipe is not even that and people say hes old and irrelivent. 42 is not old if you are an active athelete with proper self maintenance. There are guys at my gym that run circles around young ass 20 something kids mind you, they workout regularily and never let themself decline.

i hope Stipe does it..... nothing would make me happier!!! THE NEW CROATIAN SENSATION STIPE MIOCIC!!!

Stipe isn’t washed. He is just going to have ring rust. He made a technical error against Francis. He came in super thin against Francis

Based on what?

Jones has never fought a more skilled or dangerous opponent at any weight class.

You could argue maybe DC is as skilled, but he’s much shorter and was much lighter and he does not possess the skill or power striking that Stipe does.

This is by far Jones’ biggest and most skilled challenger of his career and he’s coming off a free, gift wrapped, walkover, squash match win. Your vision is colored by that free win over Gane. Gane doesn’t exist in the same universe as stipe.

In terms of skill, pedigree and size, Jones has never fought anybody like stipe.

Your only argument is his age. That is silly, considering Jones is less active, coming off an injury, 37 years old and hasn’t fought anybody of note in almost five years

My thoughts are based on my opinion that the LHW has a significantly higher level, variety and combination of MMA skills than HW. Jon Jones is equally capable of winning by submission as he is KO. He has also learned a ton through all the cage time he has had with all those opponents. That combined with his own unique abilities, skills and style that he customizes to each opponent based on extensive study make him so unpredictable that no one has come close to imitating what he does.

I don't think guys that have only fought at HW have experienced anything close to that same level of fighting. Basically all HW fights are a slugging match that come down to who lands the big shot first to get the first round KO otherwise the fight ends in a decision with not much happening between the end of the first and end of the fight.

I think Stipe is very likely the most skilled pure HW fighter. He could also very well be the most well rounded fighter Jones has faced, but I don't think that makes him all that dangerous to Jones because he doesn't excel at any particular skill Jones would need to worry about. Jones is better everywhere.

Remember when people thought Stipe would mop the floor with Jones and that Jones would never move up to heavyweight because of it?

People have really changed their tune…
LOL are you really going to make this argument now that Jon is fighting a soon-to-be 42 year old Stipe?

You're a clown.

During his LHW run Jon has struggled against opponents that were the same height as he and who had good boxing - Gustafsson and Reyes.

Jones has no power in his punches now, he never had it at LHW either.

For those that are saying that Stipe has no chance because of that knockout to Ngannou: That was 3 years ago. 1 year is usually enough to refresh a fighters chin.
In the first Cormier fight Stipe got KOed easily because he took a lot of damage in the fight prior to that one and that is the first Ngannou fight.
Then Stipe took a year off and fought DC the second time. In that fight he took a record number of head strikes without ever being wobbled and he ate the same strike from the clinch that knocked him out in the first fight.

Jones has 0 true experience fighting at HW. Sure there was that Gane fight, but let's be real: Gane has no ground game and Jon exploited that. Nothing impressive.
He has 0 experience taking heavy shots from true elite HW fighters. He has never gone past 1 round as a HW.

If this fight happens in November, Stipe will be 42 years and 2 months old. That is the same age Glover Teixeira won the LHW belt. And that's from a division bellow, where longevity is shorter.

Stipe will have a big advantage in boxing and power, that's obvious.

As for the wrestling, Jones couldn't hold down Reyes and Gus in their first fight because his phyisical advantages weren't there like in most of his fights.
Stipe went 2 for 2 on takedowns with DC who was a proven and undefeated HW. So, he should be able to compete with Jones there as well.

If Stipe is anything like when he fought DC and Ngannou the second time, he will make this a competitive fight and even win.

It would've been good if this fight happened 5 years ago, but Jon was scared of fighting DC and Miocic then.
"but Jon was scared of fighting DC and Miocic then" stop having Stipe's nuts in your mouth LMAO.

Stipe has past his prime and his resume him fighting HW's that weren't in their real primes, and all the HW's that Stipe fought are no longer in the UFC and Arlovski will retire next month.

Jon is gonna maul him, Stipe's striking, BJJ, Wrestling, Chin, Size and reach are below Jon, Stipe and Jon have same stamina tho, Stipe's only advantages over Jon are just the experience and KO Power, but Jon is more experienced than every HW in the UFC, his experience at LHW is what benefits him at HW.

Just admit you're a Stipe Dick-Rider, dude.

stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
all championship elite fights
he also rested meaning hes gonna recover after that nganou ko

lol jones haters just say this
you dont want this fight because jon jones is too good and hes gonna add a great win on his resume
lmaooo cryyy

"Great win"

🤡🐀

Back