Still no main event for UFC 177.

Overeem and Miocic are BOTH claiming injury

They aren't fighting each other in 2 months

I could see Rousey doing another quick defense if she gets past Davis like earlier this year.

I don't think Ufc 177 is going to happen in August. It's likely Jones vs Gus will be Ufc 177.

173 was basically thrown together on short notice as well, and it turned out to be a very good card. Hopefully they announce some fights very shortly and get the card set up.

Knowing what we know now that it's apparently happening sadly, here's the three options.

- Hendricks vs. Rory
- Mighty Mouse vs. Dodson
- Dillashaw vs. Raph/Barao

I'd be fine with all three of those with a Cruz Co-Main event plus some other decent fights.

Sadly? Those are great options. Mighty Mouse vs. Dodson 2 would be awesome.

Sadly? Those are great options. Mighty Mouse vs. Dodson 2 would be awesome.
Well I say sadly cause I'd rather none of the fights happen on short notice like this. Hendricks wouldn't be fully himself.

I'd rather Raph' face TJ and if its Barao then it would just be him taking a rematch on short notice which would suck.

I'd be completely content with MM and Dodson though. Those two plus Cruz and maybe Shogun, a big HW fight of some short. I think that would still be a really solid show.

But I don't think the show is going to be good enough that's why I say sadly and I'd hate to see one of those champs take a short notice fight for a PPV that will fail.

Well I say sadly cause I'd rather none of the fights happen on short notice like this. Hendricks wouldn't be fully himself.

I'd rather Raph' face TJ and if its Barao then it would just be him taking a rematch on short notice which would suck.

I'd be completely content with MM and Dodson though. Those two plus Cruz and maybe Shogun, a big HW fight of some short. I think that would still be a really solid show.

But I don't think the show is going to be good enough that's why I say sadly and I'd hate to see one of those champs take a short notice fight for a PPV that will fail.

Why is everyone is so certain that Ufc 177 is going to happen in August. July is next week and not even one fight has been announced.

Why is everyone is so certain that Ufc 177 is going to happen in August. July is next week and not even one fight has been announced.
Cause its been rumored for August 30th for awhile now. Ariel Helwani states it'll be August...Not to mention every week in September has a show but the 6th which follows a show on Friday.

Not gonna happen.
No champs are ready. And no non-title huge fights are available.

WMMA - Rousey could get injured next weekend. Even if she doesnt, who's she gonna fight on 6 weeks notice? Nobody.

125lbs – MM PPV just hit an alltime low. There is NO WAY the UFC put MM in a headliner 2 months later, in a rematch with John Dodson.

135lbs – Dillashaw, I'm sure, has said he will be ready this autumn....179 (will become 178, IMO), is in Brazil and they need a title-fight for that....TJ/Barao 2 will probably headline.

145lbs – Aldo fights in August.

155lbs – title tied up til December.

170lbs – Hendricks wont be ready til autumn.

185lbs – Weidman fights next weekend, he won't be ready.

205lbs – September.

265lbs – tied up with TUF til November.

UFC 177 will be cancelled, and 178 will become 177.

TJ vs Assuncao or Barao 2 MAIN EVENT
Rockhold vs Kennedy 2 CO MAIN EVENT

Other main card fights :
Dolloway vs Romero
Arlovski vs Duffee (if he is ready)
Lentz vs winner of Lamas vs Dias
Calvacante vs Manuwa
Davis vs Glover
Carmont vs Munoz
Costa vs Leites
Maia vs Pyle
Thatch vs Cot

Rousey even if there was a credible opponent ready to fight her, I don't think it'll be her. Since in August she'll be busy doing promotional work for Expendables 3.

I could see Rousey doing another quick defense if she gets past Davis like earlier this year.

Rousey claimed with wanted to take a "break" after this fight. So I highly doubt she will make a come back in less then a month

Back