Still no main event for UFC 177.

Hendricks is a possibility, but there is also a PPV in October which would need a main event.

I would rather go: Dillashaw - Assuncao, with Evans-Glover as a co-main.

What's holding back hendricks? Aug 31 is basically september.. didn't he say he'd be ready for sept ppv? Woodly/macdonald vs hendricks?

They could also do dillashaw vs whoever with some hw or lhws comaining.. stipe vs jds comain. Or hashad? I still think one of the top 3 fights for 175 may get scrappd and could be moved to this one

his bicep tear is holding him back and the n.1 contender fight is not till 35 days before 177. So robbie won't be fighting at 177

his bicep tear is holding him back and the n.1 contender fight is not till 35 days before 177. So robbie won't be fighting at 177

woodley/macdonald winner was also "promised" a title shot...

dana says a lot of shit. take what he says with a grain of salt

Why are you ruling out Dillashaw?

Dillashaw/Assuncao? Assuncao wouldnt be ready by then and if thats gonna be a main event it would probably be in Brazil. Im kinda hoping that will co main the Jones/Gus card. I think the Dodson/Mighty Mouse is probably the biggest fight they can make at FLW and is a bigger fight then Dillashaw/Assuncao fight.

We never know how this fight will go man, what if this is a war, and DJ gets badly hurt. What If DJ loses and its a controversial decision with an instant rematch. You never know what will happen these days, so it's not a safe bet.

Not a safe bet but i really dont see MM having trouble with Ali or Dodson with Moraga. Luckily we only have 8 days to find out if they both win/come out healthy.

Hendricks isn't fighting on this card considering the #1 contender would only be determined one month prior to the fight

They're pretty screwed here unless Dillashaw can fight on the show

UFC is on the clock trying to put something together. It will likely end up being a weak card. Certainly not much in terms of title fight options. They got screwed with Jones not fighting on that card like they hoped for.

Hendricks isn't fighting on this card considering the #1 contender would only be determined one month prior to the fight

They're pretty screwed here unless Dillashaw can fight on the show

UFC can change the plan and give the title shot to Rory/Woodley winner.

Unless Dillashaw can be coaxed into a very quick turnaround, to rematch Assuncao, 177 is NOT gonna be headlined by a title fight.

I could see them mildly stacking the card, 5 big fights but nothing HUGE.

Something like:

MAIN EVENT - Overeem vs. Miocic
Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans
Luke Rockhold vs. Gegard Mousasi
Tim Kennedy vs. Jacare
Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Myles Jury

Unless Dillashaw can be coaxed into a very quick turnaround, to rematch Assuncao, 177 is NOT gonna be headlined by a title fight.

Something like:

Tim Kennedy vs. Jacare

Yup yup yup, I see something like this.

Last edited:
Rashad won't be back until December.

There's a FN in Brazil in September, I'd personally throw Dillashaw/Assuncao 2 on that.

Something like:

Tim Kennedy vs. Jacare

No chance they get DC to take that fight. He will just use the knee as a crutch to avoid any fights unless Gus beats Jones and gets a rematch.

Let Hendricks fight the winner of Woodley/Ares, fresher fight than another Lawler bout if he wins anyway.

Back