Still no main event for UFC 177.

There's a good chance it'll be Demetrious vs. Dodson II.

Don't forget Demetrious only took 11 weeks inbetween Dodson and Moraga, however a small injury ended up postponing that a little further. Still, he was set for two title defences in 11 weeks.

He also wanted to fight this february despite fighting late December. But he needed to wait on Lineker/Bagautinov winner.

There's a good chance it'll be Demetrious vs. Dodson II.

Don't forget Demetrious only took 11 weeks inbetween Dodson and Moraga, however a small injury ended up postponing that a little further. Still, he was set for two title defences in 11 weeks.

He also wanted to fight this february despite fighting late December. But he needed to wait on Lineker/Bagautinov winner.

I highly doubt it

Johnson only got minimum medical suspension @ufc174.... so will he headline against dodson @177? what do you think? after lowest vancouver gate ever, people leaving bored during the main event... they will need strong main card to sell this. What are the alternatives?

I don't think they will do TJ vs. Barao two times in 1 year at the same exact location...

Johnson only got minimum medical suspension @ufc174.... so will he headline against dodson @177? what do you think? after lowest vancouver gate ever, people leaving bored during the main event... they will need strong main card to sell this. What are the alternatives?

I don't think they will do TJ vs. Barao two times in 1 year at the same exact location...

I don't know man, good question, logically they could maybe make it happen. But would it be the best thing to do for the flw division

re-bump....not yet, and I don't think DJ will get this fight

Most likely Hendricks vs Lawler/Brown will headline. I think they are waiting until Hendricks is 100% before they announce it

Most likely Hendricks vs Lawler/Brown will headline. I think they are waiting until Hendricks is 100% before they announce it

No chance in Hell would they expect fighters competing on July 26th to fight in a title bout on August 30th.

No way would Lawler/Brown be able to fight for the title 35 days after fighting on the FOX card, let alone for the fact that they would need to start promoting the fight before then anyways.

Maybe they should tag team the Flyweight and Bantamweight titles with another big Heavyweight fight also on the card like Overeem vs. Barnett or something like that.

Cruz just said he'd be ready to fight by UFC 177. There's a possibility but I feel like since he wouldn't want to fight the champ just yet then a fight with Cruz in it would be better suited for co-main event status.

So Robbie Lawler is going to fight 3 times in the span of 4 months? The guy wanted to take a couple of months to rest as is and chose not to do so to get a title shot, he's not going to be fighting A MONTH after beating Brown if he wins. Not to mention Hendricks isn't going to fight on a month's notice either.

They pretty much screwed themselves on this one by having 2 July pay-per-views for no reason

Cruz just said he'd be ready to fight by UFC 177. There's a possibility but I feel like since he wouldn't want to fight the champ just yet then a fight with Cruz in it would be better suited for co-main event status.

Yea, I would think that after a couple years away he'd be better as a co-main for his first fight. Realistically he doesn't have a lot of name recognition for casual fans.

Unless Dillashaw can be coaxed into a very quick turnaround, to rematch Assuncao, 177 is NOT gonna be headlined by a title fight.

I could see them mildly stacking the card, 5 big fights but nothing HUGE.

Something like:

MAIN EVENT - Overeem vs. Miocic
Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans
Luke Rockhold vs. Gegard Mousasi
Tim Kennedy vs. Jacare
Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Myles Jury

Mildly stacking? Sweet Jesus that would be card of the year for me.

Knowing what we know now that it's apparently happening sadly, here's the three options.

- Hendricks vs. Rory
- Mighty Mouse vs. Dodson
- Dillashaw vs. Raph/Barao

I'd be fine with all three of those with a Cruz Co-Main event plus some other decent fights.

Hopefully they cancel that PPV and do the Jones/Gus fight in Sept in Vegas instead as UFC 177.

Wow. You add Silva vs Diaz and it would get 800-900K PPV

Silva is out till 2015, we won't be ready in 2 months.

And If you had Silva vs Diaz as a main, Overeem vs Stipe as co-main, DC vs Rashad. You best believe this will be over 1 mill for sure.

Hopefully they cancel that PPV and do the Jones/Gus fight in Sept in Vegas instead as UFC 177.

I think that the card would stay in Toronto whether if it's called 177 or 178. UFC would already be doing 4 PPV cards in Vegas for the year plus the TUF Finales in Vegas, you don't cancel the only event in Toronto for the year because of that.

UFC 177 is August 30th. I'm sure UFC tried to book Jones vs Gus for UFC 177, but Jones probably said it was too early and opted for 178 instead.

Back