Steroids

_Sonic_

Midget smasher
Reaction score
Aloha

Id like to know how can you see that some1 is using steroids?

If you look at pro wrasslers or fellow MMa faces like Randleman, Coleman every1 says roids?
So it means if some1 has bigger muslces...hes automatically a roid user? that means all bodybuilders are roid users?

I need a explanation...I dont need flamewars #254 or such things this question is 4 real

I know what you mean... there's obviously some steroid experts in this forum.

Gai Jin said:
Pee test.

Yeah but some "experts" can see it on pics...atleast they are sure that these guys are roid users...

Some people swagger around like they have some kind of foolproof steroid radar. Be skeptical of those people.

look at a tim sylvia before and after picture. when he fought ricco and now. you really cant prove anything unless there is a test done.

a pro fighter who is huge and ripped... i mean like 230lbs +... is probably using steroids, with all the cardio and hard work its hard to maintain that kind of mass

_Sonic_ said:
Aloha

If you look at pro wrasslers or fellow MMa faces like Randleman, Coleman every1 says roids?
So it means if some1 has bigger muslces...hes automatically a roid user? that means all bodybuilders are roid users?

I need a explanation...I dont need flamewars #254 or such things this question is 4 real

Well big muscles, perfect symmetry and defenition (vascularity) and size are factors, but many people have all this without steroids. I'm not going to name any fighters that I suspect of steroid use, but red skin is a sign, and bad complexion is also another sign. But most professional bodybuilders dont seem to have this problem, or they might, just their tanning oils cover it up for the show.

It's not always the body form to be able to tell for sure.. Look at Josh Barnett, he tested positive and hardly has the figure of a body builder. Regardless roids can improve preformance not just body shape. Steriods are awful for the body tho.. BAD BAD stuff.

Certain muscles develop that wouldn't normally develop on a natural physique. The jaw for example. More muscular fullness. Stuff like that. People who go to gyms and who have used themselves, they say they can easily spot other users. Correct me if I'm wrong here or something, touchy subject.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've also heard that, at this time nowadays, there are so many different strands of steroids that can be used, and some vary in what they actually do, like some put on mass as well as helping the muscles hold in water, which would be good for power lifting's I believe, and then obviously, there's the steroids that make you completely ripped, etc.

For MMA however, most people would want to rip up probably to cut off as much excess weight as they can to cut down and make weight unless you don't have those kind of problems. Veins also seem to be extremely large and showing far more than a person who is not taking steroids usually, but that's just my observation.

saggy pecs, anger (coleman randleman), back acne, exposed veins

OK I am by no means a steroid expert but have been around the bodybuilding scene for about ten years. There is no "for sure" way to look at someone and say wether or not they are on the juice, however there are some signs that may indicate if a guy is or was on the juice. Again I want to stress that even if someone displays all the signs of steroid abuse it does not mean for sure they juice.

1-a bloated or puffy face while body fat is low. This is due to water retention from increased estrogen levels...Mark Kerr displays this sympton, not saying he was on juice though.

2-Back acne- know need for explanation

3-Red cheeks due to elevated blood pressure

4- Gyno, better known as bitch tits, easily detected when the vicitim has low body fat becasue the area around the nipple is still puffy, Big Nog and GSP have what looks like gyno., and agains im not saying either one juices.

5- Growth Hormone gut- Pertruding stomoch even though body fat levels are very low, caused by the stomoch and other internal organs growing in size from using human growth hormone.( It doesnt just make muscles grow).

6-Thick forhead Brow, thick elbows, and increased finger and toe size. caused by Human growth hormone expanding bone plates.

It is not uncommon for someone to go up 1-2 sizes in shows after abusing HGH

Dorian MacNeil said:
Certain muscles develop that wouldn't normally develop on a natural physique. The jaw for example. More muscular fullness. Stuff like that. People who go to gyms and who have used themselves, they say they can easily spot other users. Correct me if I'm wrong here or something, touchy subject.

I have heard of "test Jaw" but I dont believe it is caused by roids as there are many top bodybuilders who juice more than anyone who have normal looking Jaw lines.

The more familiar you are with Roids the easier it is to make a pretty good guess, but it is still a guess either way. when you are talking about the top levels of a sport a lot of people are using. You don't want to go in without an edge if the other guy has it. This is a job to a lot of MMA fighters, and in a sport that isn't paying as much as others you have to consistently win to stay in the money. Steroids can improve performance, not just physique, and in MMA you don't need big muscles just a lot of conditioning, and strengh. There are a lot of steroids out there that can give you these things without staying in your system for more than a week.

_Sonic_ said:
Aloha

buddy I dont know much about roids, but I do know scarface, and rule 1 is not dont get high on your own supply. Its dont under estamate the otherguys greed. Rule 2 is dont get high on your own supply. Not trying to be a pain in the ass but your sig threw me off.

its difficult to tell whose using what. Those who don't use steroids probably use some pretty hardcore supplements. I prefer to just forget about it.

there were a few that made me suspicious enough to remember steroids.

baroni: compare him from his first fight with Evan Tanner to his second, he looks like the incredible hulk in reverse.

Silva: some of his new physical power could be from age - you fill out as you get older, but compare him in the last 2-3 years to his fight against Vitor - he looks like a runt next to his new self.

Randy Couture - i'll get the hate for this one, but he looks like he is in better shape now than as a 30 year old, i really hope it is diet and clever training like Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg say. I guess at least some guys can be huge and ripped naturally, maybe Randy is one of them.

What i want to know is who and how is it descided on what is a roid and what is just a supplement....

.... bribes is my theory!

Evangelos said:
What i want to know is who and how is it descided on what is a roid and what is just a supplement....

.... bribes is my theory!

A steroid is a hormone, supplement=nutrient

Back