Steroids

I have seen the way that Randy trains with the weights, and that plus the fact that MMA has a lot of cardio involved in it, not to mention that Randy is a natural LHW. I wouldn't think he is using

fuckin GREAT answers...thx guys...Mussolini you seem to know your stuff ;)

@ Detroit Devil

shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! I changed stuff for me...but yes yo right :D

Evangelos said:
What i want to know is who and how is it descided on what is a roid and what is just a supplement....

.... bribes is my theory!

medical science - (how they work), politicians, the pharmacuetical and supplement industry. As moronic as you usually are Evangelos, there were probably a lot of under the table exchanges in coming up with what is legal, good, and healthy, and what is evil poison used by cheaters. Doctors can be bought, so can legislation, officials.

Sonic, a lot of people are fooled by big, cut guys, all being roid monsters, but some of them work real hard and/or have good genetics. Anybody that takes steroids is going to get stronger and repair faster, but if they don't put in the hard work at the gym, they won't get the freakish size.

If you're talking human growth hormone(HGH), you will see some size increase in the skull and/or jaw. Look at Barry Bonds and the different baseball cap sizes he went up.

I hate to talk trash without knowing, but I will state my humble opinion.
Randy Couture on steroids, loss of hair, freakish strength and recovery for his age. "the Natural" my ass.

Phil Baroni, not anymore, the guy was/is a bodybuilder and puts in some hard work in the gym. He might experiment with some cool new supplements though. He used to be a lot bigger and stronger.

Fedor, he's probably used something, he doesn't look like it, but with the hair loss and his freakish strength, I wouldn't doubt it. Sorry to all the bald dudes out there hating on me now.

Mark Kerr, definately. When he was fighting that is. I hope he got his life together.

Old Vitor definately, not anymore.

Tito definately, look at that head and chin.

Ken yes, Frank no.

Bas, no. He's just a freak that trains hard.

Wanderlei Silva, used to, not anymore. Just my guess.

Many more, but I've pissed off enough and don't want to start a witch hunt.

If its huge in baseball, you know its even bigger in mma with the low or no testing policy. Don't kid yourself.

Odiedawg said:
If its huge in baseball, you know its even bigger in mma with the low or no testing policy. Don't kid yourself.

Although I may not agree totally with some of the things in your post (some I do tho), this statement is VERY true I do believe.. I think they should really think about standardize testing for roids in MMA.. Just to help with the growth of the sport, to keep the credibility up.

For all the years I've spent in a gym, I've never been able to pick out the juicer from the natural physiques. :icon_neut Every time I thought to myself (since I don't wanna get killed in the parking lot) someone was shooting up, they aced test after test. Every time I figured "no way," I'd find out that they either failed a test or hear about them taking steroids from a fairly credible source. I'm hoping I'm not just stupid... I'm hoping that it's just not always 100% clear, and it's just a matter of genetics being an unpredictable bitch.

Some other signs I remember hearing waaaay back in my High School health class were baldness, yellowing/darkening of the skin, fatty manboobs, purple or red blotches, swollen joints, and trembling.

...However, I've run into a lotta dudes at comic book, sci-fi, and anime conventions (yeah, I'm a nerd) who have all the same symptoms, but probably have never hit a gym in their adult lives.

most bodybuilders are on roids, they have a division called "natural" body builders that dont do roids and they are much leaner. as for mma it seems people claim that in japan they dont test for roids so i think that doesn't help. as for telling if someone is on roids there a few sighns i know of, thinning hair, acne on shoulders and back, shrinking gonads, short temper.

_Sonic_ said:
fuckin GREAT answers...thx guys...Mussolini you seem to know your stuff ;)

@ Detroit Devil

shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! I changed stuff for me...but yes yo right :D

Thanks man, you learn a bit about roids after working in a hardcore bodybuilders gym for almost five years.

Mussolini, I agree with everything you've posted thus far.

For those fighters that have to cut to make their weight, I'd bet my life most of them are using Clenbuterol(clen), which to the best of my knowledge is NOT a steroid, but just as illegal.

My buddy recently tried to tell me how advanced and safe modern steroids were today. He's been doing them for about 5 years and he looks great. Living right next to T.J., it's easy to get them. I researched it and found that he was full of shit. Major E.D., hair loss, bachne, puffy red face, man boobs, etc.. When I asked him about those, he said it was a fair trade. For him, that was E.D. and hair loss and puffy red cheeks. Screw that.

For those of you that don't know what E.D. is, it's erectile disfunction. Don't do roids, work out smarter and harder.

After working 5 years in a hardcore BB gym...respect...I wish Id have your knowledge.

I really didnt know that stuff with the skull growing (HGH?) man thats to hardcore. I realized that thing on Kerrs forehead was pretty big (could be genes) but I knew hes takin some shit.

_Sonic_ said:
Aloha

Id like to know how can you see that some1 is using steroids?

If you look at pro wrasslers or fellow MMa faces like Randleman, Coleman every1 says roids?
So it means if some1 has bigger muslces...hes automatically a roid user? that means all bodybuilders are roid users?

I need a explanation...I dont need flamewars #254 or such things this question is 4 real

Now obviously this isnt a definite but alot of times there is a look. You mentioned coleman. When a guy is very hard looking (lean) but still looks very full this sometimes indicates not always. Did you see that video of Coleman wrestling Simms that was on here recently. In that vid he was off. Compare his look there to when he fought Fedor or some of his other fights and you can see a big difference. Now before people start flaming me for this I KNOW that there is no definite way to tell by looking. Sprinters take and not to get big as well as other people so yes I realize that different forms effect you in different ways etc..etc. I have been lifting and around Gyms for almost 10 years so have seen differnt use reasons but in my opinion, Coleman and the Hammer house guys use some times as do many others. But no just because bigger not neccesarily juicing but there is a point where you just arent going to get that big without.

Odiedawg said:
My buddy recently tried to tell me how advanced and safe modern steroids were today. He's been doing them for about 5 years and he looks great. Living right next to T.J., it's easy to get them. I researched it and found that he was full of shit. Major E.D., hair loss, bachne, puffy red face, man boobs, etc.. When I asked him about those, he said it was a fair trade. For him, that was E.D. and hair loss and puffy red cheeks. Screw that.

For those of you that don't know what E.D. is, it's erectile disfunction. Don't do roids, work out smarter and harder.

Thats shit is soo bad. Oh man I cant believe some (or alot) athletes are takin that shit to get a edge over competetion and in the end...for money. You r destroying yourself.

Now I got a new look over pro wrasslin (I dont watch it anymore) in a comparisson with MMA. *urghs*

In regards to current UFC fighters roiding, don't the NSAC (or whatever state they're in for an event) test for steroids before/after every fight? Wouldn't that count out people like Couture and Baroni around the Tanner fights?

I just think that Randy dropping down in weight may have had something to do with him looking more shredded. I don't think he would do it, though. He seems to be too classy for that type of stuff and would have a lot to lose if he were to test positive.

With PRIDE, I'd be a bit more skeptical. I would love for every fighter to be tested before and after fights for the fans peace of mind.

As for Tim Sylvia roiding, he said on one of the UFC PPV's that it was because he just wanted a better look, not for muscles. And Barnett, good Lord. Why does he need it? To get rid of those love handles and man boobs? I would hope it's just for the reason that Sylvia did it.

Honestly, this topic concerns me a lot. You gotta fight fair. I have zero respect for any fighter that is doing steroids to improve performance. If you're a can, you're a can. Train harder with the weights, not the needle in your ass!

look at them when they are younger, the body only puts on so much lean over a certain time span, therefore muscle growth is limited no matter how hard you train naturally. If you have good genetics to
start good for you, however, some people have gone well beyond the natural look. And this is done
via roids, hormones etc etc coleman is an obvious one.

How old is he? I think the statistic i last heard was when your grown up and your as tall as your going
to be, the most muscle you pack on is about 2-3 lbs of solid muscle/year naturally.
This could be false but i remember reading it in some health book.

TheBoss86 said:
In regards to current UFC fighters roiding, don't the NSAC (or whatever state they're in for an event) test for steroids before/after every fight? Wouldn't that count out people like Couture and Baroni around the Tanner fights?

I just think that Randy dropping down in weight may have had something to do with him looking more shredded. I don't think he would do it, though. He seems to be too classy for that type of stuff and would have a lot to lose if he were to test positive.

With PRIDE, I'd be a bit more skeptical. I would love for every fighter to be tested before and after fights for the fans peace of mind.

As for Tim Sylvia roiding, he said on one of the UFC PPV's that it was because he just wanted a better look, not for muscles. And Barnett, good Lord. Why does he need it? To get rid of those love handles and man boobs? I would hope it's just for the reason that Sylvia did it.

Honestly, this topic concerns me a lot. You gotta fight fair. I have zero respect for any fighter that is doing steroids to improve performance. If you're a can, you're a can. Train harder with the weights, not the needle in your ass!

NSAC mainly tests for big fights/title fights. Rarely do they test in King of the Cage and IFC.

From what i hear is that while steriods can be detected by a piss test, human growth hormone can only be detected by a blood test. so as far as the ufc (which does piss tests) the guy probably dont use anabolic steriods, but i bet that there ias a few that use hgh. As far as pride or pancrase, i would be willing to bet that those guys ALL use "supplements" that would be illegal in the states or in the Omlypics. Yes even the beloved Fedor is probably juicing. remember Russia is the end all beat all when it comes to anabolic steriods.

Shina said:
For all the years I've spent in a gym, I've never been able to pick out the juicer from the natural physiques. :icon_neut Every time I thought to myself (since I don't wanna get killed in the parking lot) someone was shooting up, they aced test after test. Every time I figured "no way," I'd find out that they either failed a test or hear about them taking steroids from a fairly credible source. I'm hoping I'm not just stupid... I'm hoping that it's just not always 100% clear, and it's just a matter of genetics being an unpredictable bitch.

Like Jesse The Body says "everyone in the gym is doing roids... Except for the guy you're talking to"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back