Stephen King creates diversity controversy

Whatever common sense thing he said I hope he doesn’t later apologize cause once you apologize to the sjw twitter brigade it’s a wrap

I thought these twitter guys were too busy with their faux outrage over Vince Vaughn shaking Trumps hands? Man these people are like the energizer bunnies of hysteria

YOu should never apologize to these trash. it only adds to their fervor.

went and read a few of the replies. jesus christ what a collection of talking points i've been hearing for a decade now.
i stopped after a while but i am sure somebody yelled rape at some point in those replies.
and hitler, let's not forget that.

went and read a few of the replies. jesus christ what a collection of talking points i've been hearing for a decade now.
i stopped after a while but i am sure somebody yelled rape at some point in those replies.
and hitler, let's not forget that.

Yup, so did I. absolutely disgusting.

Whatever common sense thing he said I hope he doesn’t later apologize cause once you apologize to the sjw twitter brigade it’s a wrap

I thought these twitter guys were too busy with their faux outrage over Vince Vaughn shaking Trumps hands? Man these people are like the energizer bunnies of hysteria

YOu should never apologize to these trash. it only adds to their fervor.

too late.
He apologized.

mans guess what, it’s still not good enough!!!!

hahahahahaha! I love it. Friggin love it

too late.
He apologized.

Welp...that’s a wrap then

just fucking ridiculous.

f*ck these trash. seriously. stupid ass Stephen King for apologizing.

everyone should seriously adopt David Chapelle's and Kevin Hart's approach to situations like this.

DO NOT apologize to these scum.

too late.
He apologized.

Big mistake, an apology is like blood in the water to them. Take the Ricky gervais route and never apologise

Color-blindness is the new racist.
And people will defend it because of historical grievances because lord knows the way to correct historical mistakes is by making sure a 1%er, a Hollywood actor, gets awards.

Is there anything wrong with what he said?

an acting performance isn't good, simply because a woman, POC, or LGBTQ person is performing.

I didn't look at the thread.

But he's wrong in saying that things falling under the umbrella of diversity aren't relevant to the artistic value itself. A film that is unrealistically whitewashed will lose some level of persuasiveness and realism compared to a depiction that accurate mirrors real life. Likewise, a depiction of stories involving persons of color may yield insights and touch on themes that won't appear similarly in an all-white depiction of a similar plot.

But, no, you're right that "an acting performance isn't good, simply because a woman, POC, or LGBTQ person is performing." If someone is saying that, they are wrong and very stupid.

Especially when you fail to even offer up an explanation for your claim.
True.

I have no clue how or who gets the votes or whatever. It’s not that there needs to be a “diverse” choice, but who actually gets a voice to decide winners. And diversity is not only a racial thing. Letsnsay they only gave votes to, or majority of votes to say, Martin Scorsese or people with his line of thinking. We already know his views on marvel type movies, so chances are, they won’t get a fair shake. Now you can see how bias even if unconscious could skew what people see as art, whether it’s race, gender, socioeconomic status etc.

Awards should go to who did the best work in their particular category. Period. Who wants to win an award for their skin tone?

Nothing makes me laugh more than people Like King who virtual signal on Twitter and then get attacked by his own people. This is a "sit back, eat popcorn and watch" type thing.

Color-blindness is the new racist.

The complaints about lack of "diversity" aren't confined to race. The other day NPR's "film critic" was on talking about how frustrating he found it that no women were nominated for best director at Oscars.

I didn't look at the thread.

But he's wrong in saying that things falling under the umbrella of diversity aren't relevant to the artistic value itself. A film that is unrealistically whitewashed will lose some level of persuasiveness and realism compared to a depiction that accurate mirrors real life. Likewise, a depiction of stories involving persons of color may yield insights and touch on themes that won't appear similarly in an all-white depiction of a similar plot.

But, no, you're right that "an acting performance isn't good, simply because a woman, POC, or LGBTQ person is performing." If someone is saying that, they are wrong and very stupid.

I agree 100 percent with this.

LOL @ how quick he turned that opinion around and kissed ass.

Twitter sucks.

Well he should have kept towing the leftist bullshit rope and he would have been fine.

Back