Stephen King creates diversity controversy

Is this a thread about Twitter comments?

The complaints about lack of "diversity" aren't confined to race. The other day NPR's "film critic" was on talking about how frustrating he found it that no women were nominated for best director at Oscars.

That no women were nominated is stupid. This year there were women who legit deserved a nomination over Scorsese with the Irishman.

That is to be expected when of the 5,100+ active voters, 94% were Caucasian, 77% were male, and 54% were found to be over the age of 60.

People like familiar things. It is human nature.

The complaints about lack of "diversity" aren't confined to race. The other day NPR's "film critic" was on talking about how frustrating he found it that no women were nominated for best director at Oscars.
I don't really watch any movies anymore. Were there glaring omissions? What great films were directed by women this year?

That is to be expected when of the 5,100+ active voters, 94% were Caucasian, 77% were male, and 54% were found to be over the age of 60.

People like familiar things. It is human nature.
but were they good at selecting movies that are up to the high standard? is that not the actual question? diversity is idiotic when experience is needed. bring 100 18 year olds to select the movie and you'd get some spongebob shit in there. these awards are about excellence, which is judged through experience. excellence is the exact opposite of diversity, since its main point is to create categories, not to appease all demands.

grow the fuck up you babies.

I’ve often thought what if in Kings books that Clown was a black man; Or if The werewolf was a handicapped women of color.
That’s what progress would look like.

Why are twitter idiots bitching about the Oscars again? I don't see any controversy at all. Is it because J-lo and that Awkafina chick didn't get nominated? didn't Little women gets nominated in 4 categories?

but were they good at selecting movies that are up to the high standard? is that not the actual question? diversity is idiotic when experience is needed. bring 100 18 year olds to select the movie and you'd get some spongebob shit in there. these awards are about excellence, which is judged through experience. excellence is the exact opposite of diversity, since its main point is to create categories, not to appease all demands.

grow the fuck up you babies.

Please explain why identical resumes with traditionally white names get called for interviews more than traditionally black names. Could it be that it is human nature to prefer things and people that are similar and familiar to us?

https://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

Please explain why identical resumes with traditionally white names get called for interviews more than traditionally black names. Could it be that it is human nature to prefer things and people that are similar and familiar to us?

https://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html
so if it's human nature, changing human nature would be unnatural, according to your definition.

Whatever common sense thing he said I hope he doesn’t later apologize cause once you apologize to the sjw twitter brigade it’s a wrap

I thought these twitter guys were too busy with their faux outrage over Vince Vaughn shaking Trumps hands? Man these people are like the energizer bunnies of hysteria

I call it;

Recreational Outrage

so if it's human nature, changing human nature would be unnatural, according to your definition.

It is human nature to do lots of things that are bad ideas. Entire religions are based guiding people from doing what comes naturally. More practically it is why we have laws against things like assault, murder, theft, etc. So I don’t really have a problem with encouraging people to act “unnaturally” to use your word.

These awards have no meaning whatsoever. They are entirely political. How do you think Patricia Arquette keeps winning?

How can you feel you achieved something when you know damn well your gender or ethnicity is the reason for it?

Is this a thread about Twitter comments?

wait, what? you know it's much more than that.
be honest.

was there anything wrong with what King said?

what's even funnier is that the visceral reaction he received from leftist scum was predictable.

How was it destroyed?

It crashes into the ground both figuratively and literally after book 4.

There's a note in it where King basically says he's being forced to finish it even though he doesn't know how.

You can actually see the points in the series where King ran out of ideas and had to wander around the house looking for shit to throw in.

He writes a garbage ending and blames the audience for wanting an ending.

I could go on.

Back