Stephen King creates diversity controversy

BayAreaGuy

Good Day
@Gold
Reaction score
Basically he said skin color shouldn't be factored into awards.

You can skim all the comments in all the threads.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1217146343224795136

He's being heavily criticized for not taking race into account, even by other famous authors and moderately influential people, and there are plenty of rebuttals that would make Sherdoggers proud.

Last edited:
Nothing is more racist than refusing to discriminate based on race.

Is there anything wrong with what he said?

an acting performance isn't good, simply because a woman, POC, or LGBTQ person is performing.

He is wrong because non-white/non-straight people have it way harder and thus should receive some kind of "bonus points", so to speak.

So the point of your thread is people are complaining about something on Twitter?

Others created the "controversy", he gave an opinion... Weak mother fuckers out there...

He is wrong because non-white/non-straight people have it way harder and thus should receive some kind of "bonus points", so to speak.

I know you're joking here....but people need to realize just how racist POVs like these are. when you continue to belittle people of color, and give them kudos simply because of the color of their skin and talking to them like their retards....

this is racist.

So the point of your thread is people are complaining about something on Twitter?

no, the point of this thread is that someone said something that should be non-controversial, but your tribe freaked out and decided to freak the fuck out because he said race shouldn't matter when gauging the merits of an acting performance or film.

I always like looking at the twitter complainer pictures. They always look exactly how I'd imagine they'd look.

The woke police going to get him who cares who’s the best we must have diversity it’s our strength !!

he’s a lefty and will get eaten by his own soon

I'm glad he's able to type those tweets without falling off the wagon or getting run over by a truck again.

That’s the thing about being a member of the Cult of Woke like King is, you stray from their insane dogma on ONE little thing, you are still a blasphemous heretic that must be cast out.

suck on it King

He's right on this. The important thing is that all people are given an equal opportunity to succeed.
It's not like the average black person benefits at all because Eddy Murphy wins some award. Same goes for NFL coaches or CEOs . It just makes the average numbers look better. I really dont care how many white Oscar winners or NFL coaches or CEOs there are cuz none of them are giving anything to me.
Also who cares about award shows? Like really who cares outside of people in the business?

What a jerk, he has no clue what it is like to be a minority in this racist country.

Whatever common sense thing he said I hope he doesn’t later apologize cause once you apologize to the sjw twitter brigade it’s a wrap

I thought these twitter guys were too busy with their faux outrage over Vince Vaughn shaking Trumps hands? Man these people are like the energizer bunnies of hysteria

Back