• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Stephen A Smith says he doesn’t like to see wmma

In the latest episode of the “Black on the Air” podcast, a conversation between host Larry Wilmore and Smith shifted to women and sports, a topic that has gotten Stephen A. into trouble before. In this case, Wilmore shined a light on recent barriers being broken by women, citing the Miami Marlins’ hiring of Kim Ng as MLB’s first female general manager and Becky Hammon being the first woman to act as an NBA head coach when she filled in for the San Antonio Spurs’ Gregg Popovich after he was ejected from a game.

1206336130.0.jpg

Wilmore: “Are we going to see more of this? This is interesting to me. This is kind of all happening kind of at the same time. What is your take on that?”

Smith: “First of all, I love it. I think that there’s an awful lot of women that are incredibly qualified to do the jobs that they’re doing. Where I jump off the bandwagon is when they try to engage physically. For example, I don’t ever want to see a woman boxing a man. I don’t want to see that. I don’t want to see a woman in the UFC fighting a man even though there are some women out there that’ll kick a dude’s butt. We get all that. When I think about pugilistic sports, I don’t like seeing women involved in that at all. I just don’t like it. I wouldn’t promote legislating laws to prohibit them from doing so, but I don’t want to see women punching each other in the face. I don’t want to see women fighting in the octagon and stuff like that, but that’s just me. What I would adamantly be against is them fighting men. I don’t think that’s cool. Plus, you don’t ever want to give men license to believe that it’s all right to be physical with a woman, to be quite honest with you. You don’t want to do that.”

“And so, outside of that, when you think about them in executive positions, first of all they’re smarter than (men) a lot of times, they’re more composed than us a lot of times, they’re incredibly knowledgeable about these respective sports. They’ve had to go through trials and tribulations one couldn’t even imagine most of the time. For them to get to that point, they deserve the opportunity to showcase their skill sets. Just like we have women in corporate America doing an incredible job leading companies, being executives, pushing businesses forward, etc., etc. There’s no reason on earth why they can’t do the same in the sports world. I support it, I’m a fan of it, and I hope we see more of it.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/02/stephen-a-smith-doesnt-like-women-ufc-boxing

https://www.theringer.com/2021/1/31/22258783/stephen-a-smith-on-stephen-as-world-hank-aaron-and-more
Atta boy, Stephen! Take one for the team!

I'm fine with women punching each other in the face if they want, just like if men want to. I just don't watch it because it looks poor form in comparison.

Incoming Sherdog woman-hating incels in 3...oh, shit, they've already responded. And they're defending their new hero, Stephen A. Smith.

Jarl
Lmao i was wondering when someone was gonna drop the incel thing. Nice job believing i have to like what you like and if i dont something has to be wrong with me. Sorry i have my own opinion.

I don’t want to see it either.

Literally can ruin the flow of an entire card for me. Not because I don’t feel women deserve the right to fight too, but it’s just not what I’m use to seeing and grew to love.
Same here, kills my enthusiasm for a card if I know that in the middle I will have to sit through a jessica eye fight or something. Takes away the hyping up to the main event experience.

So not the fact a fight is boring, but just cause a person has a vagina can ruin a fight card? That's a first.
You might be surprised but the fact that they have a vagina and not testes that produce testosterone affects a lot human beings ability to fight.

Don't like agreeing with this turd but I do.

I hated wmma from the beginning just like I hated the male flw division - get rid of both!

Like I hate WMMA as well.....but he's one of those guys you find out has a similar point of view to yourself and your just like aw fuck I didnt want this asshole on my side......not to mention he sounds like a complete moob the entire time.....seriously when he get quoted is his thought process "what's the absolute dumbest shit I could say that im then going to completely backpedal on"

Even if you don’t think WMMA is good for the sport, Stephen A is even worse.

If you don’t want him to be part of the sport, the best thing is just to ignore him.
screamin a entertains me

Why does Stephen A. Smith get rewarded so much for being a moron?

just dropped in to say IDGAF what that douche has to say about ANYTHING... that is all~

Bunch of crybabies in here. If you don't wanna watch WMMA then don't. It really is that easy

Watching WMMA gave me some exciting moments, half of which involve Amanda Nunes. The only problem is watching the lesser bouts those kinda put me on the fence for this subject...

I have a pretty much meh opinion on wmma so idk maybe he has a point but also fuck that guy. Stay out of boxing and mma please.

Nobody cares about wmma. Nobody was watching Invicta or the other women cards.

Dana realized that women’s “fights” were a great way to cut costs. They all suck and will never earn much. This makes a great way to say you have a top 10 match or championship fight on a card. This allows the ufc to have more cards with the same amount of male fighters required.

This was just perfect timing with half the population losing their minds. We now have people running around thinking gender is not assigned at birth and that men and women are the same. I never expected to encounter these idiots on sherdog defending wmma, but here we are.

I don’t care if women compete in mma. The same way I don’t care if they play basketball or anything else. I just have 0 interest in watching it when I could spend my time watching real athletes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back