Stephen A. Smith Hits Cerrone Again and Calls Conor's Shoulder "Strikes" Shrugs

Your argument loses any validity the instant you show that you don't know the nomenclature.

You shouldn't be talking about that fight until you can distinguish between a "side kick" and what Cerrone threw.

I hate to agree with Smith but I can't deny he is right. I LOVE Cerrone but what happened in there, to the casual fan, one could assume like he didn't want to be in there. All touching gloves and smiling and shit, no aggression and gets finished that quick. But, what they simply cannot fathom is being hit very hard, rocked, and unable to gather yourself. Cerrone got rocked hard from hitting his head on Conor's thigh, the subsequent shoulder strikes left him hurt and dazed with a busted nose and orbital, and the finish was there.

Why do people give this guy so much attention? Who cares? Seriously. If you don't like him or what he has to say, don't listen, watch, or read about him or his opinions. It's really simple. The guy got where he is by being controversial and saying things that might ruffle feathers.

I think peoples knee jerk reaction is to shit on him because his tone implies that he knows more than he really does. The way he says things like "it's your 50th fight dog, and you dont know how to back up and catch your breath?" seem arrogant.

At the end of the day, he's right about pretty much everything here. He just says it in a way that pisses people off.
Definitely his tone, not sure why sherdoggers of all people are getting butthurt considering tons of posters talk shit like that all the time.

Enough of this. Who cares? UFC would be dead without ESPN, so let them do what they want.

Someone tell this basketball chin side walk sissie to shut up already.

People were mad because SAS said Cerone quit, not this other trash he is coming up with.

Smith commenting on ufc is great and far more entertaining than anyone else's. He should talk ufc more

I like that he's not backing off here. This is why Stephen A is at the positions he's in.

Bottom line is, he's a sports commentator, and he has an opinion on the fight. That's all it is. He didn't claim to be an expert in MMA.

So you can disagree with his opinion, but to go after him and his right to voice that opinion is silly.

So he’s basically saying: I’m an idiot and I know fuck all about MMA. I spectate occasionally when I get paid to, and I don’t really care to learn if the guy isn’t top ten. But in any case part of your PPV money should end up in my pocket because the TV company should pay me to come on your TV and talk about it anyway.

Get fucked, you total asshole.

People need to understand, sports pundits like SAS have only one quality they're good at and that is articulating nonsense. SAS, Jason Whitlock, Skip Bayless, Colin Coherd, they're all just the sports versions of Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow. Punditry is what people with charisma and nothing else do for a living

giphy.gif

Amazing gif lmao.

So he’s basically saying: I’m an idiot and I know fuck all about MMA. I spectate occasionally when I get paid to, and I don’t really care to learn if the guy isn’t top ten. But in any case part of your PPV money should end up in my pocket because the TV company should pay me to come on your TV and talk about it anyway.

Get fucked, you total asshole.

That's not really what he's saying, those are mostly words you put in his mouth and then get angry at him for saying those things.

It's really strange seeing the MMA crowd get so sensitive about a mainstream media personality venturing into our world.

Back