Stephen A. Smith Hits Cerrone Again and Calls Conor's Shoulder "Strikes" Shrugs

That's not really what he's saying, those are mostly words you put in his mouth and then get angry at him for saying those things.

It's really strange seeing the MMA crowd get so sensitive about a mainstream media personality venturing into our world.

Its not that he is mainstream its what he said and how he said it

Who cares Colby,Nate and Hernandez agree with him and Alex has said worse,heck we as Sherdoggers have said worst.

This guy is the main reason I don't watch ESPN, HATE HIM. When I heard he would be on the UFC events it kept me away. Some people hated Madden, some hate Romo, I HATE Stephen A Smith.

I didn’t think he belonged there at all and rolled my eyes when I seen him. Then when he was the only one not towing the company line I started respecting him, and the fact that he won’t back down, makes me respect him more.

Everyone had their fingers to their earpieces repeating what the brass was telling them. Broken orbital, broken nose, Conor goat, Cerrone legit etc etc. Stephen Smith gets up there and basically says that’s bullshit that fucker quit. How can you not respect that lol

“Fellas, I’m learning the sport. Muay Thai, being in a rear-naked choke — I don’t know. I never said I knew. What I said was, I was at that fight. I know what the hell I saw for those 40 seconds. I’m not debating the sport. Like for example, there’s a whole bunch of cats that talk basketball, you think they know basketball like I know basketball? I’ve been covering the sport for 25 years. I got inside information all over the place. No, I’m an aficionado on basketball. I’m a reporter and spectator everywhere else.

“For example you might have somebody like my man Max Kellerman, you cover boxing. Max could tell you who the 30th-ranked fighter in the world is. I don’t give a damn about him. I’ll see him when gets up to the top 10. I’m focusing on here cause I ain’t got time, I got to do all of this. I ain’t got time to watch the 30th-ranked fighter. You see what I’m saying? But if I did watch him fight, I know boxing enough to know what I saw.

“So when you had cats coming at me, I’m sitting here ‘Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Wait a minute.’ I didn’t sit up there and say, I’m Joe Rogan and I’m breaking down the nuances of the sport. I’m saying I saw Conor McGregor fight this dude for 40 seconds. I saw this dude get hit with three shoulder shrugs right to his nose. He backed up, had a chance to run away for a few seconds to gather himself, didn’t do it. Only did one side kick, which didn’t connect. Then got kicked in the side of his head by Conor McGregor, he goes down and out.

“This is your 50th fight, dog. You didn’t know how to back up and catch your breath? Then, oh — by the way — you went out in 40 seconds. Then we find out it’s your first pay-per-view fight. Oh, how many times we’ve seen brothers step in the ring and we go like this, ‘Bright lights might have been too much for them.’ But because it’s Cowboy Cerrone and it’s the MMA, suddenly I’m not allowed to say that? It’s ridiculous!”

--MMAonSiriusXM

clout chasing muppet

What's he like quadrupling down on his bullshit at this point? No one was mad at him for his analysis of the fight (however misinformed he may have been), it had everything to do with him calling Cowboy a quitter, simple as that. The man has an enormous ego for someone who's a nobody. He literally built his career around talking about other peoples feats and somehow he feels he's equal to these people? SAS could use a couple doses of reality and a kick in the ass from time to time. As the legend Patrice O'Neal used to say, SAS needs his "medicine".

there's no indication he feels he's equal to ''these people''. he called it as he sees it. and as others pointed out, it's not like there's not a lot of people, especially here on sherdog calling fighter x or y a ''quitter''. it's not like he called the fight a fix, which a lot here even claim. i don't like conor and i like cerone, but cerone pretty much choked there, just like he always does in bigger fights.

In b4 the butthurt

Based reply, everything he said is right on the money.

MMA fans will cry about disrespect, then go shit all over Jones and/or other fighters in another thread.

excellent point. here in sherdog alone a lot of people shit on a lot of fighters.

I thought this shit was in the rear view mirror. Why is it being brought up again?

I thought this shit was in the rear view mirror. Why is it being brought up again?

because people who keep saying ''who cares what that casual SAS thinks/says?" apparently cares so much about what he thinks/says.

Why does he keep mentioning Cats in his article.. cats ain't watching basketball and MMA and the other garbage nonsense things bro.
They only watch Hello Kitty

Really? I figured they would be watching Cat flicks too

p12269151_v_v8_ai.jpg Puss-In-Boots-poster.jpgp4824_v_v8_ab.jpg p8775_v_v8_ag.jpg p7282_v_v8_aa.jpg p19375_v_v8_ak.jpg p33297_v_v8_ac.jpg p34575_v_v8_ay.jpg

Last edited:
In b4 the butthurt

Based reply, everything he said is right on the money.

MMA fans will cry about disrespect, then go shit all over Jones and/or other fighters in another thread.
too right , the guy is speaking the truth, it would have been one of the most pathetic displays that I have seen , it makes it worse knowing that it came from a seasoned fighter.
Suck it up princesses

tenor.gif

To be fair, Steven is correct in that those shoulder 'strikes' would be shrugs at best to him as Conor is a manlet to him. Steven A Smith 2 round TKO.

"you don't know how to back up and catch your breath?"

Uhm kinda hard when there's a dude locked in the cage with you with the intent of killing you

Back