Stefan Struve's heart condition improves, still determined to return to UFC

theincognito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
During his visit, the doctors informed Stefan that the leakage back into his heart has been greatly reduced.

Additionally, his heart is not as enlarged as it was, but since it is still enlarged, they are attributing it to a condition called 'Sport Heart' or 'Athletic Heart Syndrome,' which is fairly common in athletes who train rigorously for more than one hour per day and is generally considered benign.

Stefan's doctors have cleared him to return to training so they can evaluate how he responds over the next several months.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/...dition-improves-still-determined-to-return-to

Awesome news. Guy fights as hard as anybody.

Love watching struve fight. Hopefully he can make it back to the octagon.

Awesome. Hope he gets healthy and makes his return. I also hope he's taking the time off to work on his striking defense.

Great to hear that. Hopefully he comes back taller

Call me ignorant, but is this what some athletes who pass out and/or die have? im thinking the one soccer player in 2012 who collapsed on the pitch for awhile and somehow was revived? Same with a highschool football player in the states

Wow, sounds like good news.

He entertains me win or lose.

I met Struve in Vancouver BC a few years back after the UFC show. He was standing on the street corner downtown and pretty hard to miss! He shook my hand and posed for a picture. I had a black eye at the time from a random fight the night before during the Canucks game when they were in the Stanley Cup finals against Boston and Struve was joking around, gesturing like he was gonna give me a 2nd black eye. He seemed like a cool dude.
Best of luck!

Even with a healthy heart he should consider quitting.

The guy has taken a lot of head trauma for such a young age.

Would hate to see him Ali'ed in later life.

Shit, I hope training goes well and he's ok.. One of my current favorite fighters to watch, I'm trying to avoid saying he has tons of heart.. fuck... but he does!! He's only 25.. best of luck.

Stefan Struve is one lucky person that his doctors didn't have to do open heart surgery. I was diagnosed with a very bad leakage in my heart back in early 1986 when I was just two years old. The doctors told my parents the only thing that they could was emergency open heart surgery and well hope for a miracle. My cardiologist Dr. Reitman and my surgeon Dr. Damis told my father that my chances of surviving the surgery were very low. I only found out recently that my chances were 10% and that was even if the surgery was successful.

Had a second open heart surgery when I was 12 to clean up some stuff. I am now 29 and a very healthy male with only a heart murmur to show from when I was born and oh a nice scar down my chest :D.

Glad Stefan Struve didn't have to go down the surgery route. That shit is scary especially when it involves the heart. Hes hoping he can come back to MMA

Great news, Stefan fights his heart out and deserves a second chance as much qas anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back