Stefan Struve's heart condition improves, still determined to return to UFC

Would love to see him back. Hope his condition improves.

Stefan Struve is one lucky person that his doctors didn't have to do open heart surgery. I was diagnosed with a very bad leakage in my heart back in early 1986 when I was just two years old. The doctors told my parents the only thing that they could was emergency open heart surgery and well hope for a miracle. My cardiologist Dr. Reitman and my surgeon Dr. Damis told my father that my chances of surviving the surgery were very low. I only found out recently that my chances were 10% and that was even if the surgery was successful.

Had a second open heart surgery when I was 12 to clean up some stuff. I am now 29 and a very healthy male with only a heart murmur to show from when I was born and oh a nice scar down my chest :D.

Glad Stefan Struve didn't have to go down the surgery route. That shit is scary especially when it involves the heart. Hes hoping he can come back to MMA

I mean this with all due respect. One more for the good guys.

Hope he makes it back. Struve has all the physical tools to be a monster but he just brawls. Good for the fans, but obviously not good for his body.

I'm glad he's improving. However I think he'll have a lot to prove before Dana even considers him. It's still very likely that he's done.

I hope Struve is going to be well. He should get an easier fight upon the return, maybe Meathead.

I hope he's alright, but honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't chance it.

I'm glad he's improving. However I think he'll have a lot to prove before Dana even considers him. It's still very likely that he's done.

I agree. Better safe than sorry. We don't need him dead and the ufc doesn't need it's first death. I'd rather work at McDonald's for the rest of my life then drop dead in the octagon because of a heart condition.

I agree. Better safe than sorry. We don't need him dead and the ufc doesn't need it's first death. I'd rather work at McDonald's for the rest of my life then drop dead in the octagon because of a heart condition.

Work at McDonald's long enough you still might drop dead from a heart condition.

I definitely hope he has a safe and speedy recovery. If he never fights again, he's definitely made a ton of fans and has nothing to be ashamed of. I'd rather look back on his great fights than have something horrible happen.

My favorite fighter. I hope he gets better soon. I know he is in lots of wars, but really his jujitsu is one of the most dangerous in the devision. I'm not sure anyone has more submission wins than him.

nothing on his twitter, only his manager got the info?

No way in hell is he allowed ever to fight in UFC again, if he drops dead in the ring, so does the sport.

I knew he had a lot of heart

If he comes back. He absolutely needs to find a new camp to help him reach his potential. I love the guy, but his fight IQ is abysmal.

Back