Steak

bison isn't that bad, i dont really eat it, but not cause i dont like it.

i just put red meat at the pinnacle of meats. tastes the best and you feel good after you eat it. atleast i do. the only thing that pulls me away from it is sometimes i get a strong craving for seafood.

Ostrich tastes good! It's expensive though. A local farmer's market had a supplier for Oslinc, home of the Lincolnshire Ostrich

The burgers were tasty, but to be honest if someone told me it was a beef burger i wouldn't have known any different.

To be honest the cost is the thing stopping me

4 steaks from costco over here are about $35, on average for some cheap (horrible) meat its about $14 for 2 (sirloin), whereas frozen chicken, 5lbs for $17

Yeah this is about right. I started switching to organic foods, and premium cut meats, and it really made a difference on my shopping recipt. Good thing i'm single

lets compare a very lean cut of beef to one of the fattiest fish at 3.5 oz
Mackerel: 13.8 grams fat
Topside (roast) 11g

mackeral barely beats out topside roast (which no one should eat)
you dont even wanna see the 3.5oz fat content of lean fish

Elbowsmash, where are you getting these numbers?

Topside roast is 22.5% fat.
Calories in Tesco Finest Roast Topside Of Beef - Nutrition Facts, and Healthy Alternatives - The Daily Plate Calorie Counter

Mackerel is 45.3 % fat.
Calories in Mackerel - Nutrition Facts, and Healthy Alternatives - The Daily Plate Calorie Counter

The fattiest fishes are Herring, Salmon, and Mackerel. They are anywhere from 45-60% fat.

I am also not a fan of lean cuts of beef and prefer Strip Loin, Porterhouse, or Ribeye.

Sirloin has about 9 grams per 4 oz. Salmon has about 12.5 per 4 oz. Additionally, when eating steak, it's fairl easy to cut around the fat.

I realize I was being nitpicky, but to simply say "steak" (beef) is higher in fat than chicken and fish isn't accurate.

*goes to light the grill for some 80/20 ground beef burgers*

I really need to try to get my dad and his doctor to read the stuff here in D&S...

Most of my meat intake is fatty cuts of red meat.

Recently I've been eating a lot of lamb chops. For some reason the fattiest cuts of lamb are the cheapest (yay!) while for beef the fatty cuts seem to be the more expensive ones and the cheap ones are all super lean, which sucks. Animal fat tastes awesome and seems to give me a ton of energy.

No Name steaks taste good are lean and are injected with papaya enzymes which help digest protien better.

Wow, I didn't expect this thread to take off like it did...

I would eat steak all day if it was possible.

I had 450g T-bone 2 nights ago for dinner, Had a 300g T-bone for dinner last night, and tonight I'm going to cook the 280g T-bone I have in the fridge. MmmmMMmm

Yeah this is about right. I started switching to organic foods, and premium cut meats, and it really made a difference on my shopping recipt. Good thing i'm single

I'm single and still can't eat how I'd like

Back