Steak

theNuge

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Since I've been reading this forum, I've noticed that people don't seem to eat a lot of steak. People seem to favor chicken, eggs, fish, etc. as protein sources.

Is this perception a reality? Do you guys tend to favor chicken, eggs etc? Do the negatives of steak outweigh the positives as a protein source?

I eat just as much red meat, if not more than the other stuff.

I love steak, but chicken and fish have a lot less fat.

Eating clean is expensive. Quality red meat is too much for some people to toss on the bill. If $ was not an issue, grass fed beef would probably be very high on the protein source list for everyone. Same goes for lamb, and fish.

Very easy and inexpensive to buy bulk chicken breasts, or throw a turkey in the oven.

There are no negatives toward a reasonable intake of beef. Unless great taste is bad.

Well, I guess my perception wasn't correct.

I always eat red meat and eggs. chicken is very rare for me. I eat fish for the o-3's

i try to eat beef everyday...i just made erco's stew with 4lbs of beef

Eating clean is expensive. Quality red meat is too much for some people to toss on the bill. If $ was not an issue, grass fed beef would probably be very high on the protein source list for everyone. Same goes for lamb, and fish.

Very easy and inexpensive to buy bulk chicken breasts, or throw a turkey in the oven.

There are no negatives toward a reasonable intake of beef. Unless great taste is bad.

To be honest the cost is the thing stopping me

4 steaks from costco over here are about $35, on average for some cheap (horrible) meat its about $14 for 2 (sirloin), whereas frozen chicken, 5lbs for $17

When I eat beef I feel sluggish, so I tend consume red meat only once a week.

I eat chicken mostly.

(Every time I do, I think of Matt Furrey's stupid comment on avoiding chicken because it is a "weak" animal)

I ate 5 tri-tip sandwiches for lunch. It was smoked and extra rare. So good.

I eat steak at least twice a week and some form of beef at least 3 other times a week. (usually ground beef). If I don't have a lot to do or have a lot of extra money to go out I'll eat more than that.

Red meat is better than chicken in every way possible. Ergo, I eat steak.

There are no negatives toward a reasonable intake of beef.

Apart from the recent study linking it to cancer. Or was that study done on people who eat more than a reasonable amount? I can't remember and I don't care.
I normally have 1 meal of red meat per day, if I'm gonna die I'm gonna die happy.

That's an unbelievably ridiculous statement.

So are you saying there is more fat in a chicken breast than a steak? That would be ridiculous. Red meat is essential, chicken just happens to be cheaper and more convenient for me to cook in bulk. I wish I ate more steak; I usually go for the ground sirloin and make cheeseburgers.

Steak is an essential part of my diet. Beef and bison.

I'd say I eat more steak than chicken and fish combined. Maybe it's not that healthy, but it sure tastes good.

So are you saying there is more fat in a chicken breast than a steak? That would be ridiculous. Red meat is essential, chicken just happens to be cheaper and more convenient for me to cook in bulk. I wish I ate more steak; I usually go for the ground sirloin and make cheeseburgers.

Not all cuts of meat are fatty. It isn't the traditional "steak" but a trimmed round steak probably has less fat than a trimmed chicken breast, or it is extremely close.

He's saying that fat is good, and it is. You implied that it's better to eat chicken breast because it has less fat than red meat. I say have both. Red meat elevates testosterone also. I don't think our feathered friends can claim that.
I always laugh when I see your login name. :D

Not all cuts of meat are fatty. It isn't the traditional "steak" but a trimmed round steak probably has less fat than a trimmed chicken breast, or it is extremely close.

Good point. Maybe this is what MuyThaiFighter was referring to.

Back