Media Statue unveiled of maybe the most popular fighter in MMA, tens of thousands of fans in attendance.

Surely a troll thread. He wouldn't even be top 15 in ufc
You mean on UFC middleweight rankings?

I think he could be. He's much improved especially in his last 2 fights.
It would be easier for him to make the top 15 at light heavyweight.

Anyway even if he was a Cm Punk level fighter, this thread is purely asking about popularity not talent level.

Show me a list, a source, anything that puts your national hero on the same level as these guys. I linked those two lists because they are the first that come up when you google most popular mma fighters and its telling that your hero did not even get an honorable mention.

Thats ok though, im done arguing with you guys. You are set that your favorite dighter is the next coming of christ. The rest of the world disagrees but of course you will argue to the death about that statement. Its all good. Go forth and suck off Nsang if it makes you happy.
LOL. Wow!

Have you actually read these "sources" yourself?
Or checked what they blabber here?

Ehhh...are you serious?
What a terrible, terrible website. It's limited to the UFC alone anyway so it's irrelevant.
Matt Hughes? Anderson Silva? BJ Penn? Come on bro. They don't even register in terms of total # of supporters.

Matt Hughes is a household name in his own household and that's about it.

If you want to talk numbers, look for the highest viewing numbers for an MMA fight.

You will find guys like Bob Sapp, Akebono, KID Yamamoto, Naoya Ogawa before any of those 3 guys.

Show me a list, a source, anything that puts your national hero on the same level as these guys. I linked those two lists because they are the first that come up when you google most popular mma fighters and its telling that your hero did not even get an honorable mention.

I don't know what exactly you googled, but you found some crap from Newz sites. And you know why it's the only thing you've found? Because, as I mentioned, this is not exact sciences and too many factors are involved.

You want the list? I already gave you one, with explanations. I actually made it from the initial group of fighters you have given me. I'm a source as credible as source you've found on Google - probably even more credible because I clearly know MMA better than these guys do.
If you find some discrepancies, inaccuracies, or simply disagree with points that I've made there - be my guest and discuss it with me. I'm all ears.

Thats ok though, im done arguing with you guys. You are set that your favorite dighter is the next coming of christ. The rest of the world disagrees but of course you will argue to the death about that statement. Its all good.

Again, a pathetic attempt to try and make something personal when it's clearly not. I'm not from Myanmar, and as you might guess from @Katsumi Yamada 's name, neither is he.
Go forth and suck off Nsang if it makes you happy.

Wow, how old are you, kiddo?

So no sources, links,lists or any mma publications that even remotely link Nsang with your delusional opinions? We will just have to agree to disagree. Obviously noones opinion will be changed in this thread. Especially when all you have is your opinion.

https://www.tapology.com/rankings/top-ten-fan-favorite-mma-and-ufc-fighters
I don't know what exactly you googled, but you found some crap from Newz sites. And you know why it's the only thing you've found? Because, as I mentioned, this is not exact sciences and too many factors are involved.

You want the list? I already gave you one, with explanations. I actually made it from the initial group of fighters you have given me. I'm a source as credible as source you've found on Google - probably even more credible because I clearly know MMA better than these guys do.
If you find some discrepancies, inaccuracies, or simply disagree with points that I've made there - be my guest and discuss it with me. I'm all ears.

Again, a pathetic attempt to try and make something personal when it's clearly not. I'm not from Myanmar, and as you might guess from @Katsumi Yamada 's name, neither is he.

Wow, how old are you, kiddo?

So no sources, links,lists or any mma publications that even remotely link Nsang with your delusional opinions? We will just have to agree to disagree. Obviously noones opinion will be changed in this thread. Especially when all you have is your opinion.

What you provided are not "sources". Sources must be credible.
What I provided are known facts , each of them. Then I applied a common sense and made conclusions out of these facts.
That's already more than your "sources" make.

And the difference between my opinion regarding fighters' popularity, Nsang and Conor included , and yours is as follows :
Mine actually has base and I'm willing to discuss it, develop, change if necessary.
Yours is nonexistent. You don't have an opinion on your own and you don't have any knowledge in regards. You just spew some irrelevant crap mixed with infantile insults.

And according to ONE he's the most recognisable man in Myanmar... although I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, not even close. There are a bunch of singers and actors more well known. The singer of his walkout song is going to be more recognized than Nsang.

He is not even the most popular fighter in Myanmar, that title belongs to Tun Tun Min...

Not a chance. Tun Tun Min is still overshadowed by the bigger lethwei fighters from the past decade. More people would know Tway Ma Shaung or Lone Chaw than Tun Tun Min. He's a name in lethwei circles but that's it.

Filthy casuals aren't people, though.

Let's see how many people in that crowd can name 10 of the best lightweights in the world, for example.

<DisgustingHHH>

There's some truth to this. Nsang fans know him and that's it.

Yeah, not even close. There are a bunch of singers and actors more well known. The singer of his walkout song is going to be more recognized than Nsang.

Not a chance. Tun Tun Min is still overshadowed by the bigger lethwei fighters from the past decade. More people would know Tway Ma Shaung or Lone Chaw than Tun Tun Min. He's a name in lethwei circles but that's it.

There's some truth to this. Nsang fans know him and that's it.
You seem pretty knowledgeable on the matter.
How would his popularity compare to other famous fighters like Khabib or Conor or GSP?

Or is he on like.. Pacquiao level?<45>

You seem pretty knowledgeable on the matter.
How would his popularity compare to other famous fighters like Khabib or Conor or GSP?

Or is he on like.. Pacquiao level?<45>

Meh, can't be bothered to get involved. Just like goat discussions they go in circles. He IS really popular, and as far as athletes go, he's by far the biggest. The video you posted was from Myitkyina, beautiful area\ Aung's hometown but also very remote so I'm not surprised he got a proper hero's welcome. To equate that level of adoration to all of Myanmar is a stretch though.

Back